Wednesday, February 5, 2014

UPDATE

     We got over a foot of snow yesterday and into today. My snow picture is from a previous snow storm. It has been so nice today that I haven't had to get out of the house. They plowed my driveway with a truck today instead of the normal 4 wheeler with a blade. It was hard to push because there was so much. It is so I can get out if I need to do it. My grandson called and was insistent that they bring me something so they  brought me a loaf of bread and lunch meat. My oldest grandson cleaned off my car and scooped what he cleaned off the car so I didn't have to walk through it. She  is coming to get me early in the morning to go stay with the boys while she and dad work. He got to the end of their road when they texts him the office was closed today. She had taken the day off to stay with the boys.  She said that it took them over 1 1/2 hours to clean out in front of their garage and driveway.  
     I don't know what the day will bring for sure. I am going to take some of my laundry out and use her washer and dryer. My oldest grandson thought he was going to have to do laundry, but he was just fine helping me do mine. I have some sweatshirts and jeans I want to do. 
     They can make their grandpa Valentine's which he will like. I said that they could mail them that way he gets some mail.  I assumed they are going to be off all week as we are suppose to get more snow Friday and Saturday. 
     Up date on hubby he is going to go to PT on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a while which will make it nice for a change. He said that it felt good to try to walk. Didn't walk as far as he wanted, but it is a start that is the main thing. He was sore, but that was to be expected because he used muscles that hadn't been used for quite a while. 
     They had a February birthday party for the residents today. He even played BINGO believe it or not. He won and his prize was peanut butter and crackers, and a package of cheese and crackers. Something for a snack. We have talked several times on the phone today and doesn't expect me to come in this weather. A lot of different people were doing things that wasn't their normal jobs because people couldn't get to work.
     The boys and their mom was going to stop and get some bird feed on the way home because the cardinals are stealing the dog food. I didn't know that they would do that. They are already cancelling things for tomorrow because of the roads. They had so many wrecks because they weren't driving for the road conditions. I don't know how many wrecks  we had here, but in Kansas City they had 25 injury accidents and a 125 non-injury accidents. They had almost whiteouts yesterday I could tell that just  from looking out my window. The wind didn't help matters either. 
     If you are  in the winter wonderland, please be safe and warm. Everybody take care.
    

11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Shirley-I had heard that your area got lots of snow-since retirement-I don't venture out in bad weather any more-and I love that-hugs stay warm

Beth said...

It definitely is a winter wonderland here too Shirley with lots of new snow and bitter cold temps.

I hope your husband continues to do well with the PT.

Debby said...

You must have really gotten blasted. We had about 10 inches with ice on top of that. We didn't have our usual township guy plow. The other person plowed us in. It took Hubby 45 minutes to get the car out. Our driveway is only about 1 1/2 car lengths. He only made it about 2 miles and went into the ditch. He ended up home for the day. I don't think we are to get more snow til Sat. or Sunday......probably the storm that you were talking about. BE careful esp. if there is ice. So nice of your grandson's worrying about you. Glad you hubby enjoyed trying to walk.

Blondie's Journal said...

Shirley,

It make me so happy to hear that your husband is doing better in PT and having a little fun. I really, really appreciate that you brought me up to date on what has been going on for these past months (years). It helps me understand everything better.

Please take care in this bad weather. You have a good head on your shoulders and wonderful family to help you out. And of course I love you, too!

XO,
Jane

MLM247 said...

Stay home and stay warm. It is simply not worth the risk to go out in weather like that.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm not sure what the exact snow total was for us, I'm guessing 7 inches. I went out back of the house and shoveled a small area to put down some corn on the ground for the birds. BG did the rest of the shoveling when he got home. He's more used to that kind of work than I am. I'm so glad not to have to get out if I don't need to. Hope you are staying safe. Be careful if you do go out!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Northern Indiana. We didn't get as much snow as they told us they would. I knew it was coming so we waited to have the drive plowed. Its an expense that I hate to pay, but its better than anyone trying to shovel it all. Besides, there is now where to put it anymore. The pile at the end of our drive is over my head.

Glad your husband got up to move. I know it made him feel good to do it.
xx, Carol

Vickie said...

I have thanked God this morning for your wonderful, caring family!
So glad things are going well for your husband.

20 North Ora said...

So glad your hubby is doing well. Also, glad your family is checking on you during this crazy weather! Stay warm and safe!

Judy

Quinn said...

It's so nice to hear about your family, caring and looking after each other :)
Glad things are moving forward with the PT!!

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley -- I am encouraged that your husband is making some progressions towards active participation in PT-- it's a wonderful first step-- I know you are so hopeful.

All that snow-- oh do be careful! It's been icy here-- I just want it to be spring!

Sending you much love and a hug-
Vicki