Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chilly Weather

  Fall is definitely in the air with the cool temperatures that we have been having the last few mornings. We just haven't been warming up as much as I would like in the afternoon. We have birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate this month ours included. 
   I thought I would show you some of my latest things that I have been working on to keep the fingers busy so that I don't have time to dwell on other things. 
   You had several things that you could do this weekend. You could go watch Nascar racing at the Kansas Speedway or you could go watch the Royals play this evening. The Chiefs were playing in California today.
    If you have been watching the Royals play, you have had some late nights. The last time I looked they were up 6-2. We shall wait and see if they win. 
   Halloween and Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. I have been working on first one thing and then another. I want to get some more Christmas ones made. 
   The fund-raisers have started. My youngest grandson is selling popcorn for boys scouts. My oldest is sell Fruit, cheese, and cookie dough for FFA. I don't know about my middle one if he is selling anything or not. I try to get something from each one so that I am not leaving one out.
   My middle one  turns 10 later this month. He wants to take a trip for his birthday. He hasn't told me where he would like to go yet. It is so amazing what they come up with now days. 
    I have been reading on Medicare and you for the coming year. Do you ever feel like you are reading something that when you get through you still don't understand what you read? It talks in circles, sometimes I think it is done on purpose so you get confuse and will give up. 
   Trying to understand what is covered and what is not is something else. I know that our prescription d part of our insurance has almost double. I wonder what our other insurance is going to do. They say they don't want to put people in the poor house, but with all of the prices going up they sure are. 

 This last picture is of the broadcast crew from our last Friday night games. They did barrels, poles, and down and back and had fun. The kids got to tell them their times. The two boys are my grandson. The blonde hair one is my youngest who is bigger then his cousin. They had fun

  Take care and have a good week.

10 comments:

Gert said...

Oh Shirley..boy do I understand what your talking about with the Medicare book! Everything seems to be going up, it's really hard for us seniors. Love all your embroidery work...beautiful! It's chilly up here in Iowa too. The furnace is on now. sad... Seemed the sir went off one day...furnace was on the next!!

Blessings to you and your hubby and family...
Gert

Charlotte said...

It's been cool here the last couple of days. I don't care for cold weather! You seem to be staying busy. Hope everyone is doing well. I agree with you about the Medicare situation; I can't understand all that mumbo-jumbo either!

sweet violets said...

Your new designs are so nice!! Love when you show us.
Received my booklet last week, what a mystery novel that is!!! Makes me crazy!!!
Our weather has also turned cold, I had to turn the furnace on, hate that so soon, its gonna be another long, cold winter here!! xoxoxo

Linda said...

I have those medicare books stacked up right here beside me. Ugh! Right now I am in the donut hole on Rx. Hope that next year I am wiser and can make the meds last longer. Mail order seems to be the key.
Still warm in Texas! Doors open but A/C may be needed later this afternoon!
Your needlework is impressive. I love all things handstitched!!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Shirley! I've missed visiting with my blog friends while on blog break. Hope I can return to a somewhat normal blogging routine soon. I love your embroidered pieces, you've been really busy! It's hard to believe that Halloween is fast approaching, then it will be Thanksgiving. I watched most of the Royals game on TV last night, happy to see them win! We got the Medicare book, but I haven't looked at it yet. With hubby still working, my insurance is covered on his medical plan. I dread the day when I have to try to understand that stuff, because it is all mumbo-jumbo to me. Why can't they put things in simple terms?
Have a good week!

Mereknits said...

Love your stitching Shirley, I feel that way all the time when I read anything legal, my eyes glaze over and my mind shuts off.
Hugs,
Meredith

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley, Love your beautiful needle work. Looks like you are staying busy and approaching cooler weather. We are still warm here and today was in the 90's. Cool air is on the way soon as they predict and I am ready.

I understand about the Medicare and all the details that can bring on a big challenge. We are not near that yet, but I had to help my mother before she passed and at times it was a nightmare.
I hope all goes smooth for you.
Prayers for your hubby and blessings always.
Thanks for stopping by. Always a joy to see you.
Hugs

chateau chic said...

Your stitchery is so cute and pretty for the seasons, Shirley!
Thanks so much for visiting,
Mary Alice

Susie said...

Hi Shirley, I hate when I miss one of your posts...I seem to get behind at times. I love your needle work. You are the best. I have one of the medicare books and they even called my house. I have to ask around to see if any of my friends are doing anything different. Wishing you the best and hugs to you, xoxo,Susie

Vicki Boster said...

Hi Shirley-- I just wanted to catch up with you-- send you my love-- and make sure that all is well in your world. Your boys are so darn cute!! Your Christmas embroidery is beautiful:)

Love--
Vicki