Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20, 2008

The weekend was absolutely gorgeous. I went to my first Road Show taking my antique tapestries that I knew nothing about. They told me what they were and gave me an idea of their value. They weren't buying that kind of things, but they are looking for costume jewelry. I had watched the shows on television, but I had never gone to something like this.

The weekend was Homecoming for Northwest Missouri State. The high school that I graduated from was on the college campus so we always have a reunion on Saturday evening a catered dinner and visiting with friends. This next year will be our 50th class reunion. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. It usually turns off cool for the parade, but warms up for the football game.

My trees in my backyard are starting to get pretty. I am going to try to get home early enough to take a picture so that I can put it on my blog for you all to see. We probably won't get to do our usual weekend trip around the countryside because we have our grandson's 4th birthday party in the afternoon and our son-in-law suprise 40th birthday party that evening. I figure I will need Sunday to recuperate.

I hope the weatherman is wrong but our weather is suppose to turn cold and rainy with possibilites of snow flurries and it is on the end of October.

No comments: