Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27, 2008


This blog may not be of interest to many of you, but I just got off the phone with the insurance company and they were trying to tell me I wasn't through the donut Hole. I needed somewhere to vent my frustrations. There is a lot of adjustments when you reach the age where you have to be on medicare and your group insurance doesn't want to be your secondary. They sell you the prescript d for medication that isn't suppose to have a gap, but it does. They use everything you pay and they pay to get you a certain level and then it is only what you pay that goes toward their lovely donut hole. If I sound a little irriated, I am. I was told that possible I could qualify for help which isn't an option unless I am ready to give up my day job. You want to be independent and take care of your family,but sometimes it is a big struggle.

We definitely don't need anymore government control of our lives that is for sure. You need to be able to make the choice of what is best for your life. I can see so many ways that the insurance could save money that is being wasted. They will pay for blood transfusions, but they won't pay for the medication that keeps you from having to have one. It just does not make good sense how they reach their decisions. Sometimes I feel that they think if you get frustrated enough that you will just give up.

So much for my getting it off my chest as the saying goes, It is Monday, the day we wish we could wipe off the calendar because usually it is a complaint day. I only answer the telephone and some days I don't even want to do that.

I am watching the temperature drop as I write this. It is suppose to get down to 22 degrees tonight. It definitely will help the people with allergies. We are suppose to get back up to 65 by Wednesday. It sure is cooky weather and if you don't like it, stick around it will change.

We lost our electricity yesterday because of high winds. I was in the middle of trying to down load some more pictures and needless to say I have to start over because of that.

Do you like carving pumpins? These were carved by my oldest two grandsons, and their mommy. Matt's is the spider and Jacob's the ghost.

No comments: