Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HAVING A BAD WEEK

I thought I needed some flowers after the last two days. I did work today because I needed to get a year end to the accountant so she could do the income taxes.
I didn't tell you yesterday that they slid into the side of my car yesterday while they were pushing snow at work. I got a bid today and I was amazed at the price to get it fixed. Of course, I haven't had to do anything like that for a long time. At least it isn't my insurance that has to pay for it. The one that was driving the forklift is sick over it. He always teases me about hitting my car, but yesterday he wasn't kidding.
I took my time going to work this morning waiting until it got a little lighter outside. I normally leave the house when it is still dark, but when I leave the house now I want to be sure of what I am driving on.
I didn't get done what I wanted to do today so I guess I will have to try again tomorrow. We are already in the single digit with the windchill we have a minus single digit right now. I am not going to be to anxious to leave the house. I guess that is a sign that I am getting older.
I wasn't in the mood to embroidery tonight. I decided to read blogs instead. I pray for all the people who have the bad weather and floods. The flood down under is devastating to say the least.
I am just thankful that I have someone to clean my driveway and it didn't get plowed back full because he came after the city came by. We are drifting today so we will have to wait and see what happens next.
I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm .

4 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh honey, what a bad time.. You hang in there!!! I'm thinking of you and sending warm hugs your way!!!
xx, shell

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley:
I'm so glad that you weren't hurt, and that their insurance will cover your damages. Please stay safe and warm, my friend.
Hugs from Florida,
Donna
xoxo

LuLu Kellogg said...

I hope you have a better day tomorrow Sweet Shirley!

It's cold here too and I have on a turtleneck, two long sleeved shirts, thermal jammies and a pair of yoga pants and hunting socks and I am still cold!!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Jillayne said...

Oh Shirley - I am so sorry to hear about your car! Thankfully you won't hav to pay for it but it still must be so upsetting.
Winter seems to be hitting everyone so hard this year - take care, stay warm and watch out for that ice! Thinking of you... jillayne