Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Almost Over

The picture on the left was e-mailed to me. It isn't the rhyme on the picture that caught my attention, but the picture itself. The way that the trees reflected on the water. I just thought it was pretty.
The weekend is almost over and they are predicting more snow on Monday. I just hope they are wrong, but I don't want freezing rain
either. We will just have to wait and see which weatherman is right.
Today has been a peaceful day. I spent the afternoon embroidering and watching ice skating. One of the skaters "Ryan Bradley" I have known him since he was a baby and his sister started ice skating. When he got old enough then he put on his ice skates. The whole family skated. I enjoyed the show and I will probably be watching the United States Championship here in a couple of weeks. I have the last dresses that I beaded for my daughter hanging in the closet. I don't know if they will ever be parted with or not.
Our son fixed supper tonight and that was nice to have someone else to do the cooking. It is his one pot meal which consisted of cooked cabbage, potatoes, onion, and polish sausage. You could have bread and butter to go with it. He does his own seasoning and did a good job. He takes care of mom when he knows I am not feeling that good. Right now I am fighting a sinus infection. With being on blood pressure medicine, I have to be careful what I take. I did take a couple of bendryl when I went to bed the other night. I won't do that again, because it made me to sleepy and when I got up during the night I wasn't that steady on my feet. It was a learning experience. I will just wait until tomorrow and see what the doctor recommends that I do. He does a good job in taking care of us.
Would you believe that we are warmer right now then we have been all day. It is really crazy weather.
This is a picture of another of my tea towels. I just got to get better at taking pictures if anybody has any suggestions what to do, I would appreciate it. Have a great week.


1 comment:

Jillayne said...

It's a beautiful picture Shirley - I like it too!
I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather but glad to know your son made dinner for you - how nice is that!
You're wise about not mixing medications - that can be a very scary thing! Hope to hear you're feeling better soon, New Missouri Friend!