Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

Where has the year gone is a favorite question today? I think back to the weather that we had a year ago. The snow and cold, but today we had sunshine and the cold.
I have spent a restful day starting a new baby quilt for a new arrival in May. It will be enjoyable watching it come to life and it makes me extremely happy that it will be enjoyed by a new life.
We had a quiet evening last night. Believe it or not we were both still awake at midnight without the fireworks. You could hear them in the distance, but not close to the house.
My oldest son and oldest grandson went deer hunting today. It was the first time for our oldest grandson to get to shoot a deer rifle and needless to say he was excited. They must not have gotten anything or I would have got a phone call.
Do you watch the Rose Bowl Parade? I always like to watch it and this morning was no exception. We watched it on the Hallmark Channel since there were no commercials. It seemed to go by quickly, and they had so many pretty floats and the bands. One of our local school's band got to go to Florida to march in the Citrus Parade. It takes a lot of fun raising and work to accomplish it, but it does give you a warm feeling.

The year 2010 was a pretty good year for the fact that we didn't have any hospital visits for the year. It is the first year for quite a while that we accomplished that. I told him our goal this year is to stay as healthy as possible so we can take a trip in October for our anniversary and he gets to see Ann Margaret with Andy Williams. She is quite a lady and we enjoyed her the last time we went.
I can't believe it the Branson Belle Showboat is actually going to have a new show this year. They hadn't changed it for so very long.
I am showing you a couple of my snow pictures from last year and so far knock on wood we haven't had anything like that this year. We did have the thunder, rain, sleet, and a little snow when the tornado's went through Arkansas, St. Louis, and other locations here in our state.
You really don't expect that kind of weather in January, but you just never know. The streets weren't in to bad of shape. I made it to every place I needed to go without any problems.
I hope you all have had an enjoyable day and Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Happy New Year to All of my blogging friends.



6 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Happy New Year Shirley
I just love your pictures of the snow it is so pretty!!!
Have a safe New Year!!!

Suzann

deb said...

you did better than me! I was in bed at 8:45! LOL Just so tired from the all the happenings the week earlier. Fingers crossed and praying you are able to get to Branson this year. I love Ann Margaret and love Andy Williams too. Enjoyed seeing your photos, hope you don't have as severe a winter.
Keep warm, safe and healthy
XOXO
*hugs*deb

Char said...

Oh Shirley, just look at how beautiful your pictures are with the snow.
We didn't stay up for New Years either. I can't remember the last time we did........But, we did have a Happy New Year as I hope you did too. I so look forward to chatting with you more this year. Char

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Happy New Year sweets! Wishing lots and lots of health, good wishes and wonderful things in the new year!
xx, shell

Jillayne said...

I love you rpictures even if they are from last year - they're still beautiful! I am happy to hear you made it through the year with no hospital visits - hopefully this year will be exactly same!

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy New Year, Shirley! Other than the tornados, I am glad the the weather has been okay for you. You took beautiful pictures last year!

I know you are excited about your trip...I would love to see both performers!

I hope this is a healthy and happy New Year for all of us. Take care!

XO,
Jane