Monday, May 16, 2011

ENJOYABLE WEEKEND

The weekend went entirely to fast. It was really cool and rainy, but we had a good time. My Grandson's team won the soccer game on Saturday. They finished their season with 4 wins, 1 tie and 1 lost. I didn't think that was to bad for them. 
Next Saturday T-ball starts, it will be a little easier for grandpa to watch because we will be able to get him closer to the action. They are fun to watch no matter what they are doing.
I stayed home Saturday afternoon by myself while my hubby went with our son. It was enjoyable to have some time all to myself. Have you ever laid something down and then can't find it? I have been hunting for a set of keys that I know are in the house, but where that is the question.
Our weather has been a little crazy, Some body said that we were only going to have two seasons this year and you know what I have a tendency to believe it.
I finished a couple of pot holders that I need to get my pictures taken. They are different and I think they will be liked. They are having a parking lot flea market plus giving 10% off of items in the antique mall. I am not to quite sure how I feel about that. I guess I will see what happens. They are raising the rent 20.00 a month plus charging you 3% if someone buys something with a credit card. I am trying to decide if I am going to stay or pull out. It makes for a very hard decision because I was just starting to pick up. It is hard to compete with people who buy theirs at auctions or estate sales and you make yours yourself new.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I am trying to catch up with some of my friends being I can actually leave messages tonight.

7 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

I sometimes wonder if some people appreciate the handmade items we work so hard on. They really are special works of art with one's heart put into every stitch or brush stroke.As far as weather I agree... we are still cold and rainy. My lettuce growing in the garden is even shivering. Sounds like you made the best of it though. :-)Sharon

Anonymous said...

We have become a society of disposables....I feel it started in the 50's. Most want things on the cheap then complain that things don't last. Can't have it both ways!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Marilyn

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Shirley my dear friend I am trying to catch up also with blogging buddies
I am sorry that they are going up on the rent plus charging for credit card users. I would think if they went up on the rent they would not have to charge for the credit cards. It is tough competing with estate sales and now the internet. Sorry you are trying to make a decision wish I knew how to help you.
Now that I am back at work I too realize how fast weekends fly by. lol
Hope you have a wonderful week
Love ya
Maggie

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Shirley! I did enjoy the beach a lot! I wish you could get to a warm beach. It's so nice to get away from the world sometimes.
I hope you keep selling your handmade things. It's a luxury that some people recognize and I know you love making these pieces. It's important to do what you love.
hugs,
Caroline

Rettabug said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend, Shirley & had some time to yourself to recharge your batteries. You need that down time, for your own health.

fondly,
Rett

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Shirley, It was so nice to have you stop by my blog, it's always such a treat :) How wonderful to have some time to one's self; everyone needs that from time to time, don't they :) I'll be needing some after my garage sale, lol :) Take care sweet friend!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley! Just popped in for a sec. Your blog looks wonderful!
I think I'd hold out with the Mall for now 3% whether it's a credit card or cash is really low for around here. The Mall I'm thinkin of going to is like $100-$196 month for 10X10 depending on where it's located in the mall...plus a 10% of the sale. Resale/Consignment shops are 30% of sale. Not sure what your costs are, but If you can afford to pay the rent I'd do it.