Tuesday, May 31, 2011

JUNE IS COMING

Did you all have a nice weekend? Ours was very enjoyable with going to our first t-ball game. Matt's game brought back so many memories of when his dad and uncle played when they were little. They were so cute. It wasn't really hot with it being cloudy and the wind was blowing. Of course, we made grandpa were a hat and set him in the shade of the dugout so that he wasn't in the sun. We have to be careful because of some medication that he has to take.
Then on Sunday we went to his aunt's 100th birthday party. It was such a pretty day and got to see some people who I hadn't seen for quite a while. Of course we got pictures of the kids who are in their 40's and 30's that my mother-in-law baby sat them as they were growing up. His cousin's children age wise were in between my children in age. It is the first time that we had them all together and then they took pictures of the second generation.
We visited the cemeteries on Monday. Collecting some information off some stones and see if we can find out how they fit into the family picture. I know that my husband didn't even know he had a grandfather on his dad's side of the house until his funeral. Why they kept it from him we will never know? His family was one that didn't give you much information about the family. We have learn of some after both of his parents have died. We know that part of his health problems are hereditary.
I hated to get up and go to work today. I knew that it was going to be very hectic and I was right. I didn't get my statements out, but I got the majority done so I will finish tomorrow.
Does anyone know where the month of May went? It seem like it just started and it  is gone. The weather is going to be more like summer. we didn't really have a Spring. I know that we are going to have some flooding to deal with, we just don't know how bad. With all the rain and snow to north of us, then they are releasing water from a dam to the north of us which is really going to cause us a problem. We had rain early this morning when the storm rolled through. I hate them at night because you can't see whats coming until it is to late.  The picture is of Doc, my youngest grandson's other puppy. He looks more like the blue healer. I just know the pups keep my grandson very active and that is what we want. Well I must close. Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm so glad it is finally hot. I hope you will have a gorgeous June. Have a very happy tomorrow!
hugs,
Caroline

Unknown said...

Thanks Shirley for coming to visit me and it's good to know I have people reading my blog and are becoming faithful friends.
I enjoy your writing. I take it you work in a business office of some sort and you are caring also for your husband plus all those grandkids running around. Your blog is pretty and so down to earth. I really enjoy coming here and will be back!
Smiles,
Jacqueline
Once Upon a Fairyland