Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Day Friday

 Friday is the big day. My birthday. I have been lucky to have people help me celebrate all week long. I think it is because I hit the big 70. I keep telling them that I am going to deduct years off my age. Ha. We are going out to dinner that evening to where ever I pick. I am  so special I get pick what I want for lunch earlier in the day. I can go on a diet on Saturday.
We still have flood water and will for a while. If you live in our area, and want to see what looks like an ocean, take a drive up I-29 as far as you can go. It looks like an ocean when you come to where you have to get off.
 School has officially started for my youngest grandson. It doesn't seem like he should be in kindergarten all ready. The older two will start the 23rd catching the bus before I even go out the door to work. I think they are ready to go back to see their friends and make new ones. They will go to separate schools with Jake being in Junior High and Matt in the first grade this year.
We had a busy summer with the soccer, baseball, and horse shows, but you know what we have enjoyed every minute of it. The t-ball games were so much fun because you never knew what they were going to do.
The bottom picture is of the two first graders. My great great nephew, Matt, my grandson, and Emma. She is only four, but thinks she is older. They both got to ride Cleo at the horse show in Pickering, Missouri. They think they will get grandpa to get them a horse. I can see my brother doing just that. They aren't spoiled much.
It is not to late to enter my giveaway if you like surprises. Just leave a comment on my birthday post.
Have a great weekend. I am enjoying the pretty weather. Starts off in the 60's and gets up to 80's. So much better then the triple digits.

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Shirley!! I hope your day is wonderful!! This weather is my gift to you!!;-D

XO and a big hug!!

Jane

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Sounds like you have had a busy summer. How nice to be having having such nice temps there. It's been over a 100 here for a long time and with no rain! Hopefully we will get some before to long! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Shirley! Best wishes to you! Have a wonderful weekend, too! Twyla