Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Friday

It has really been fairly nice the last couple of days. We started in the 60's and  got up into the 80's. Much better then the 90's with the triple digit heat index.
Today went fast at work with being busy. I like those kind of days. We were all ready for a couple of days off and next week we will have a three day weekend. We will have a wedding on Saturday night. It will be an opportunity to see some family that I haven't seen awhile. They live in Arizona, but came back here for the wedding as most of the family is here and it is easier for them to travel this way.
We lost a life net helicopter tonight killing 4 about 7 P.M. The crew was from here, but I don't know about the patient. They were stationed at our local airport. We know some of them and wonder if it is any that we know.
We took a drive down Highway 59 to see how far we could go since it has been closed because of the flood waters. When we got to where we had to detour, it looked like a gigantic lake. They keep saying the river is going down, but I keep wondering where.
To all of my East Coast Friends and family, I hope you all are safe and will let us know that you are o.k.. I know that it will be rough with the high wind and rain. It might accidentally weaken, but you never know. You can always dream.
This weekend will be a quiet weekend with just dad and I at home. We are going to go to breakfast and then do one of our trips where we just pick a direction with no particular destination in mind. We go and see the country side. It will be a distance where we can get back home in the evening. It might involve looking at some more of the flooding or just taking some of the country roads to see the country side. It will be a pleasant day regardless. We might even watch a college football game. My husband's cousin is the head football coach at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas. They have a home game tomorrow afternoon. We go down and watch his team play some.
It is getting late and I probably should go to bed. Have a good weekend.
.

4 comments:

nancarts said...

Hi Shirley! Just thinking of you all. Hope things are going well with you and your family. Enjoy the wedding...we had one July 30th, it was beautiful, but hot.
Prayers to all in the path of Irene. Enjoy your weeek end.
Peace and Blessings,
Nancy

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Shirley,
so happy to be one of the winners on your blog! I am trying to get back to blogging only posted 3 times on my blog since march cause of my back. I have a pinched nerve and have to be very careful now. Our weather has turned so nice now too in the mid 80's during the day, and 60's in the morning and evening. I wonder if those trees in your last post will regrow their needles?
Have a nice weekend!
Mary

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hello my Mo friend. I was thinking about you when I saw this horrific crash on the news. I was hoping you did not know anyone involved. Did not realize they were that close to you. So sorry!
Hope you enjoy your family at the wedding.
Wish we were having lower temps too but how can I complain when so many dear friends are suffering through that horrible Irene.
Love ya
Maggie

Cinderella Moments said...

Driving around without a place to go always lands you in interesting places! I hope the two of you have a great time!
hugs,
Caroline