Friday, August 19, 2011

A Different Birthday

It wasn't quite like I had envision today with everything that has happened. We had a bad storm go through last night with very high winds, hail, lightening, and heavy rain. We have small tree limbs down in the yard. Part of my security light arm is laying in the yard with the light and cover shattered laying in the yard. Luckily it didn't hit anything. The tower that was on top of the highway patrol building is laying in a crumple mess in front of the building. At least it missed the car that was sitting there.
It was fun going to work with the down trees, no electricity in some of the areas. We lost ours between 10 and 10:30 last night. Our son and daughter-in-law still did not have theirs back yet this evening when we saw them . They were worried they were going to lose their food in the freezer, they have already lost what was in the refrigerator.
We have been at the funeral home this evening. My husband's aunt past away. We celebrated her 100th birthday in May. She had a heart attack the first of the month and never recovered from it. At least she won't have problems hearing anymore and she will be with her sister, my hubby's mom. The funeral is tomorrow. I told the kids that we could celebrate it anytime. My son brought his two boys to see me today at work so that I could have my birthday hugs and I got my third one from my youngest grandson tonight at the funeral home.
It was clouding up again as we came home. I hope we don't have any more storms like last night.I have family to the north of us that have broken windows, hail damage, and the siding on my niece's house looks like Swiss cheese. I told them the damage is repairable, but you can"t replace them.
They got hit by two storms in one evening. The first one missed us and we got hit by the second one. They are having their Trails West celebration this weekend. It usually storms when it is here. 
I hope all of you that wanted to enter my SURPRISE BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY has done so. I will be doing the drawing over the weekend. Tomorrow will be a little busy. Take Care
 

7 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am glad no one was hurt!

I am off to try to get in on your Giveaway really quick!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Cinderella Moments said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you take time to celebrate your birthday.
Hugs,
Caroline

Blondie's Journal said...

No, this does not sound like the birthday you expected, storms, funeral...I am so sorry. I hope the weather by you get's better. We had a little rain and then it got sunny later today. We needed the rain. I hope you got the chance to celebrate your birthday in the midst of all of this.

Try to have a restful weekend, Shirley!

XO,
Jane

ornamentsbypink said...

We are lucky here so far this year with the weather.
Happy birthday Shirley!

Debbi said...

sorry the weather was crappy for your b-day. I am used to it since mine id in February, the dead of winter!

Nancy said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Shirley. Hope the bad weather is gone by now and people have their electricity back. ~Nancy~

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hope you got some time to celebrate your birthday sweets. The bunnies and I send you hugs.
xx, shell