Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Horrible Heat

My car had 118 degrees when I started home from work tonight. They are saying we are going to be in the triple digits for several days yet. I don't know about you, but it makes me exhausted. Of course with my office upstairs air-condition, you go out into the heat and back in a/c. You have no choice with the bathroom being downstairs. Plus having to take care of things downstairs. I have been trying to drink more water so that I don't get sick.

They have already cancelled the horse show for the weekend which I am glad. They are going to reschedule it for cooler weather. Anybody have a guess as to when that will be. 

I thought I had lost the lens to my glasses, but I found it for which I was very thankful. I got it put back in. I did have a spare, but they were from two years ago. I was glad I stopped on my way home instead of during the day as long as I was there. She told me to check them every so often to make sure the screws was tight. How do you do that when you can't see without your glasses on. That should really be fun. 

That is enough of my rambling really about nothing, but at least you know we are still here. Take care and try to stay cool.
 

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It is hot here, too, Shirley. We finally got some rain but not nearly enough. We are usually in the mid 70's for most of the summer so none of us were prepared for this heat. I do think it is harder on some people than others. For me it is the humidity on top of everything else that does me in.

Blessings to you- and stay as cool as you can- xo Diana

sweet violets said...

Glad to hear you are still there!! Our weather is also hot and ugly, down right nasty heat and humidity!!! I may have to move to Alaska!!!My car registered 102 yesterday.....this is not for me. I managed to water those poor plants out there and thought I'd die......keep cool...cleo

Vickie said...

I feel for you Shirley! We were only in the 90's yesterday and it felt much better! That is sad when you can say that, isn't it? We also got a thunderstorm last night! HOORAY! I want more.

deb said...

We're melting here too!
I hear ya with the glasses..no way can you even see the srew let alone find the slit for the screwdriver to fit in!!
Take care and hope you get cooler weather
*hugs*deb

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Isn't this heat something else? My husband tries to reframe it as "life giving energy" but lately it really has been uncomfortable. Keep cool!

Debby said...

I don't do well in the heat. I try to stay inside as much as I can. We are getting rain today and it is a blessing for sure. Try to stay cool. It has been a strange summer.

Blondie's Journal said...

We had plenty of rain last night and we are in the 80's but still very humid. I had to turn the air conditioning back on as the heat was still in the house. Better, but not perfect.

I'm glad you were able to get your glasses fixed. My husband is an expert doing that. And we all wear glasses here.

Stay cool my friend and hopefully the heat wave will pass soon!

XO,
Jane

Vicki said...

Shirley, I have heard on the news where you folks are having a terrible heat wave and drought, too. My heart goes out to you. It is always hot in TX during the summer, but we have at least had a little rain. We are still in drought conditions but not like it was last year. Stay as cool as possible my friend! Have a good weekend! Vicki