Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Family

Today brought home how important family is to us. It is a time to remember what happened just one year ago today. With everything that is going on, it makes you really appreciate what you have. You pray for the people who have lost so much.
We have had two cases of where they have tried to get a child into a vehicle near our schools in the last few days. You can not stressed enough to your child what to do if this happens. We see kids standing at the bus stop and you wonder where the parent is while they were getting ready for school. The short shorts, I don't believe has a place in school. We don't seem to have a dress code or else they don't enforce it. 
Angie and Ethan
On to other things. My great niece had her baby a little over 5 weeks early. She and her mother had flew out to California, to go to a bridal shower of one of her friends who had been in her wedding. They were on their way home when her water broke. The baby and momma are doing fine. You can see pictures of my daughter and her son and my daughter-in law with her two sons. They keep us busy. We did get to see Jake and Matt  ride over the weekend. You couldn't have had prettier weather with a nice breeze. Only in the 70's, I can handle that. Everybody had a good time and that is what is important.  The boys give grandma a lot of enjoyment.
Trish, Jake and Matt
 They keep grandma and grandpa busy and give me something else to think about besides what is going on at our house. This coming weekend is The Fall Festival in the South side of town. It is full of music, crafts, parade, baby show, food, and car show just to name a few of the things that you can do. They have already send out their paper telling you when everything is taking place, who the vendors are and what they make, what kind of food you can get, and what bands are playing. The first night will have a firework display at the end of the night. It will run for three days. A lot of families plan their vacation around it. 
I talked to my son in Louisiana. He is fine, just been very busy with work. Learning that things are done a lot different there then what we do here. It is getting late and tomorrow is another work day. Take care

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- That is so scary about those attempted abductions. It strikes fear into every parent's heart.

I am glad Mom and Baby are doing fine. I'll bet she wished she was hone when that happened though.

Glad to see the pictures of your girls and their kids. It is good they are keeping you busy. I know things are pretty tough at hone. I am saying a prayer for you and your husband. I know it is not easy for you.

Blessings and have a good day- xo Diana

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness Shirley! That is very scary about people trying to take kids! I hope they get them.
You are so very right about dress codes. Sadly so many young ladies look exactly like prostitutes.

Debby said...

We have had the same thing here. Not in our home town but on the other side of COlumbus in a fancy neighborhood. You have to be so careful anymore.
Those grandchildren make our world don't they. The outside world can stop when they smile at us.
A new baby......my goodness was she on the plane when he water broke. Scary.
Have a agood rest of the week.

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Shirley,
Thank you so much for your sweet visit. Yes, Rick is doing a bit better he seems to be having so much trouble with his good leg and was in bed for three days.
Life is so scary now for our young children, that is so awful about the attempted abductions. You know what gets me is that some people just don't learn, for example we see in the news all the time, mothers that leave their children in the car while they go into a store, in the first place it's too hot then the danger of kidnapping. Some cars have been stolen with a child inside or a couple of children. It's so dangerous no matter where you live. Hope your hubby is doing alright. Hugs, Lu

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi honey
My heart always skips a beat when I read or hear a story like this of someone trying to take a child.
Can't stand the thought. I know how much you need your babies near you now and I am glad they brought some good memories for you to think of this week.
Your son is living where life is so different than what we are use to. I do hope though that he is enjoying some of the state.
Would love to knock on your door and pick you up for a day at your fall fair. Sounds like so much fun.
Our big Antique show will be here in a few weeks so hope I am around to go a day or two.
Take care honey and thanks for coming by. I did love Maine but I was two weeks too early for the leave peeping.
Love
Maggie

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley-- you have a beautiful family- its so nice to see these photos-- helps to put faces with names. I'm glad the new baby and mama are doing well.

Your story about the abductions is so very sad-- we live in a crazy world. Makes me crazy to worry about it all--
Vicki