Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept. 5th

 September means it is getting closer to the fall of the year. You already are seeing some color starting in the trees so it really makes you wonder what the mother nature is going to bring. Are we going to have an early winter? Are the old time farmers right that it is going to be a bad one?
I really hope it won't be, but we could sure use some more much needed rain. It is amazing to see the semi's waiting to get unloaded at the plant across the street from where I work. They make ethanol for one thing, plus other products. It is just normally later in the month before all of this happens. 
I tried some new embroidery needles and I broke my third one since I got them. They snap right under where you thread them. I don't know if I will ever buy any more or not. What is your favorite needle and does it last for awhile? Normally I just put a curve in them, but not this time.
 Meet my grandson's at the zoo. My youngest Ethan is loving on the giraffe, who says he is getting one sent to him by ups. A lot of of imagination. The smallest is my Matt, who is not afraid to do anything. He is joining 4-h this week and is excited. He will belong to the same one as big brother. The tallest is Jacob, who likes to be called Jake now that he is officially a teenager. They had a lot of fun with their moms at the Omaha zoo. They have always talked about going and now they have done it and would go back. You need to be able to spend a lot of time there to see it all. 
Matt and Jake will be showing horses this weekend if the weather holds. It is one of the shows that got rained out. It isn't suppose to be that hot so we will go if we can. You never really want to plan to far in advance because they can change in a quick hurry. 

My youngest grandson's other grandparents always spends two weeks at the state fair. They take their camper down early so they  can get their favorite spot. He always gets to go with them. After the fair starts him and his momma goes down to the fair. This year he got to be Ronald Mc Donald's helper. He had so much fun. His momma went to the 38 Special concert with her best friend from high school while they were there. You sure see a difference in him since he is in school. He talks a lot more. They are doing a fund raiser already and he told me if I had any questions, just ask him because he could answer. 
We enjoy our boys so much and those hugs are really special. Hope you all are having a good week.I tried to stay very busy so I don't dwell on hubby's problems. We just take it one day at a time. Take care..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley, I hope things settle down for you all.

What a lovely pics & grand time at the zoo.

Have a great week.

GIVEAWAY ends 9/9, don't miss this one!!

TTFN ~
Marydon

NanaDiana said...

What a busy time you all have had. I break a lot of needles, too, when I am doing handwork. I think they are more brittle than the old ones used to be.

What fun pictures at the zoo and it's good your little guy is talking more now that he is in school. I hope SweetCheeks doesn't talk more- we won't be able to get a word in edgewises~

Have a great afternoon, Shirley- xo Diana

Cinderella Moments said...

Such cute little boys! I'm not ready for fall or winter. I still have my beach vacation coming up at the end of the month. So that way it prolongs my summer. My little dog is so happy at the beach. :)
I've had those needles too. I think they are just defective. Some you keep for decades and some break the first time.
I think you have the right attitude about living one day at a time. Stay strong!
hugs,
Caroline

Sheila said...

Hi Shirley.. Wow your grandkids have grown so much.. I just hate to decide to sit down and sew, and first thing that happens is my needle breaks.. ugggggggggggggggggg.. We have some nice weather here now in arkansas .. after heat in teh 100's for so long.. Going to try to blog more and keep up with everyone again.. hugggggggggggggggggggs

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Shirley,
It was so nice to read your comment on my blog. I am terrible about blogging and I really want to do better! There are just not enough hours.
Your grands are so cute!
I love spring and summer and while the fall is gorgeous, I know that right around the corner is winter. I do not like winter in Michigan and that is when I really wish we were back home in our warm Arizona!
Stay well and busy and yes, I break needles more now than I ever have. I think the quality has gone down hill like with so many things!
♥ Jil

Vicki Boster said...

Love these sweet pictures Shirley- especially the Ronald One. I serve on the BOD of our local Ronald House-- so I love Ronald. Your boys are so adorable-- they always look so happy!
Vicki