Saturday, January 24, 2015

2015 GROW YOUR BLOG PARTY

        It is time for the 2015 Grow Your Blog Party. I don't know about you, but it is my way of traveling and meeting people from around the world. I like to learn about other people what they like and what maybe they don't like.
     When you visit my blog, you will find a blog about family especially my grandsons, who keep me very busy. For example today started with a basketball game, then Pinewood Derby Races, then another basketball game. My grandson's team lost the first game by 3 and won the second game by 4 in a double overtime. Talk about exciting and you keep praying that they can pull it out.They play again tomorrow in the afternoon. My youngest grandson got 1st at the pinewood derby and 3rd in the open pinewood derby where they even raced against their dads. He beat his dad with his car so he was excited. He will go to Districts in February at our local shopping mall. I will go spend the day with them.
    You will see some of my embroidery work that I make. The latest was my Baby Owl quilt. Embroidery is one of my passions and stress reliever. You will read about  some of the things happening with my hubby who is in a nursing home. You will read about my growing up on a farm and about my family which consist of six brothers and three sisters. We still try to get as many of them together as possible once a year in August with a pot luck lunch at the senior center. As we age, we all can have health issues so we like to be in the air-conditioning so everybody can try to make it. Hopefully maybe we can get all ten of us together with our extended families. I have lost count of how many the family would add up to now with all of the new families.The nieces and nephews all grow up and get married. We have so many new babies. My mother always said she never got to enjoy just one because there was always three or four about the same age. . 
    You will see pictures of my oldest two grandsons with their horses. They show horses during the summer months. One likes the games and the other likes pleasure classes. This grandma goes and watches. My youngest will be playing baseball. I spend as much time as possible with them because I am the only grandmother the older two have left. They are what keeps me young.
    My oldest grandson will turn 16 this summer. He  is driving now on a learners permit. Besides showing his horse, he also puts up hay during the summer. He is going to be working toward a vehicle. He helps me by mowing my yard. I just have to furnish the gas. 
    I am looking forward to the blogging party and getting back to blogging more than I am at the present time. Visiting blogs of my friends and making new friends. I hope you have a lot of fun visiting people all over the world. 
    Take care and hope to meet some new faces along with my blogging friends that I have now.

27 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Shirley,

This is such a great post. I learned so much more about you than I knew in the past 2 years of blogging togehter. I didn't know you were raised on a farm and that you have so many siblings...I think that is wonderful. Your oldest grand is 16...that must make you so proud.. I knew you had a few grands, but that that old!! No!

Sending much love to you as always and wishing you and I many more years of blogging! :)


Jane xxx

Maggie said...

Good morning, Shirley and hi from Normandy, France.
Vicki's party is a great way to meet new bloggers and learn about their interests and lives.
I see Jane got here before me so that makes 2 friends that we have in common!
I do hope that you'll pop over to my blog for a visit soon.
Maggie

Vickie said...

I enjoy reading about your family in your posts Shirley.
I hope all is well with you and your husband. Hoping he has kept away from the flu.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Friend
I met you last year on this blog hop. I love to visit here and read about your family. Have a great HOP!!
xx, Carol

Christine said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your busy life!

Gert said...

Hi Shirley, you sound as busy as ever. That is wonderful! I think that is what keeps you young! lol Weather has been lovely up here this past week. Hope it continues till spring...smile...

Hope you find lots of new friends!

Blessings,
Gert

Susie said...

Hi Sweet Shirley, So nice to read your post. I know you think the world of your grands. I hope you are safe and healthy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Shirley
Welcome to Grow Your Blog party. Hope you'll made some new friends and have new followers in the weeks to come. Big Hugs from Singapore

Sylvia said...

Hi Shirley, thanks for visiting and leaving your sweet comment. I am enjoying meeting and making new friends on Grow Your Blog. I enjoyed reading about you on your post and looking forward to getting to know you better. I have 6 grandchildren with 4 of them are boys, it will fun reading about yours.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Enjoyed your blog very much. My two grandkids, Christopher 20, and Anna almost 15 are my pride and joy, too. I have enjoyed many events that they have been part of over the years. The Grow your Blog is great, as it is always fun to meet new friends and get new ideas. Thanks for helping.
http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

Boud said...

Thank you so much for the official engraved invitation to the party! I plan to explore your blog in detail, so glad to meet you.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Lovely to meet you! thank you for visiting my blog. At one time embroidery was a serious hobby of mine. But my eyes couldn't take it. I so enjoyed your post.

Quinn said...

glad to see you at the party, Shirley -you are one of the busiest folks I know!

Stephanie said...

Hello dear Shirley! On behalf of Vicki, I would like to welcome you to the Grow Your Blog event - Vicki truly appreciates your participation :)

Your blog is simply beautiful! I instantly fell in love with the soft colors and sweet words. I am a happy new follower and I look forward to visitin again. Hugs! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

Summer said...

Hi, Shirley, I'm a new follower from grow your blog. hope to see you over at my place :)Enjoy the party :)

Sara said...

Hi Shirley,
Thank you so much for your warm welcome on my blog! It was lovely to read your post and see some pictures of your art works.
Happy blog hopping.

KimM said...

What a wonderful post and blog. Happy to become a new follower. Hope you can pop over and take a peek at mine.
WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com
Wishing you and yours the best

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

It will be nice to see you hand work.
There is nothing better then watch our children play at any thing
Hope to hear from you often
This is the best way to make new friends
Laura

CatieAn said...

HI shirley as you know i am already a follower. Your post is awesome and am happy you can participate again this year catie

Anitha said...

Hi Shirley, your blog is lovely and so glad to know about you.. Thanks for visiting my blog and can't wait to read more of your posts. Have fun partying:)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Enjoyed seeing your owl quilt! Thank you for the invitation to visit. Enjoy the party!

Zenia Rene said...

Nice to meet you Shirley. Your grandsons do keep you busy. How wonderful of you to spend so much time w/them.

Zenia Rene said...

Nice to meet you Shirley. Your grandsons do keep you busy. How wonderful of you to spend so much time w/them.

Zenia Rene said...

Nice to meet you Shirley. Your grandsons do keep you busy. How wonderful of you to spend so much time w/them.

Threads of Inspiration said...

Shirley, I enjoyed reading about your family and interests. Your description of the Pinewood derby took me back to when my younger brother participated. Have a wonderful time reading all of the great blogs in this party! Susan

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Nice to meet you, sending good thoughts as you deal with your husband in the nursing home. I really like your header picture. Visiting from GYB, it is taking a while to get to all the blogs.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Visiting via Vicki's GYBP and enjoying your blog. Thanks for participating, otherwise I never would have found you.