Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year's Day--Family

    I hope you all survive New Year's Eve last night and Christmas. I know that we all have ate to much during the holidays. I thought I would show you the latest pictures of our children and grandsons. We all went to the nursing home today so our oldest got to see his dad before he heads back home. He is a little concerned about the weather. He has to fly home through Chicago. Houston, and then New Orleans. He is traveling again after that he doesn't know exactly where yet.
   Of course the boys were excited to see their Uncle. Everybody excepting dad went to the airport when he got in. He was surprised because he only  thought that he would see his youngest nephew and his sister. We did a late lunch at the restaurant called the Pizza Ranch, They serve all kinds of pizzas, fried chicken buffet for those who don't like pizza, a salad bar, plus a desert bar. Needless to say as late as we ate, you didn't need to eat supper. 
  It has been cold, but we haven't had any snow as of yet for which I am very thankful. 
  This was the latest box that my oldest grandson made before he put the finish on it. It turned out awesome and he does a beautiful job. He filled it with candy and gave it to his adopted mom. All of the kids have second mom's that claim them as theirs. They only have girls. 
   It has been a busy time for me, but I have enjoyed being chauffeur. I didn't drive to the point my neighbor thought I had been sick because my car hadn't moved for a few days. Unusual that is for sure. 
   The flu has hit the nursing home and I am hoping that hubby doesn't get it. I kept the family away from the hall where the problem was at and hopefully I don't get it. Hubby's roommate has been sick. Between the help and people visiting, you knew it was going to happen. I just keep saying prayers because it is something else. What bothered me the most is that it is a different strand then what the flu shot was for. 
   I thought I had better check in and let you know I am still here. I am hoping that I get back to a normal routine if there is such a thing as normal. Hope those sick get to feeling better soon. Take care.  

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy New Year Shirley! Handsome family you have. Hoping neither you nor your hubby come down with the flu, take care.

Quinn said...

Glad you are still snow-free, Shirley - one less thing to worry about with all the driving you have to do.
Happy New Year to you and yours, and I hope none of you gets the flu!

Linda said...

It was good to catch up with you. What a lovely post! That wooden box is beautiful.
May I also say - your blog is so lovely!!
Happy New Year and saying a prayer for your hubby!

sweet violets said...

How nice to see your family!! Glad you were all together for the holidays....they went by quickly!!

Wishing you many blessings in the new year.....xoxoxo

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shirley!
How wonderful that you were also able to spend time with family over the holidays. I bet you were in your glory having them all around you, and I'm sure your husband enjoyed seeing all of them, too.

I'll say a prayer that you don't get sick (or your husband either). It's no fun bein' sick, for sure!

Thanks always for your visits to Brynwood. Happy New Year, my friend.
xo
Donna

Blondie's Journal said...

Shirley...I meant to visit before Christmas...I hope you had a wonderful one with your family. I really enjoyed these pictures, you have a lovely family and how sweet they are. I pray none of you catch the cold, especially your dear husband.

Sending love and good wishes this New Year and I hope to get back to blogging more often.

Much love and a big hug to you!

Jane x

MLM247 said...

Happy New Year.
As usual your writing is filled with love. That is so nice in a time when families seem to change shape often.
Your family is a credit to you and your husband. What good people you are raising.

Vickie said...

How very nice to see new pictures of the family.
I am praying for your and your husband's health.

Mereknits said...

Your family is lovely Shirley. I am glad you had a great Holiday. I remember the flu hitting the nursing home when my Mom was in it, they did not allow visitors for three days,
Stay well and Happy New Year.
Meredith

Charlotte said...

So glad you were able to have all of your family home. Happy New Year!

Cinderella Moments said...

Happy New Year! The family looks great and happy. Glad you had a such wonderful holiday.
Stay well, big hugs♥,
Caroline

Gert said...

Shirley, so good to see your family with you and your hubby. I'm sure he was excited having family there to visit with. I pray your son made it home safely. And that you all (including hubby) don't get that flu. When we got home today from shopping etc. I told Tom, we need to wash our hands!! Not sure that will help, but can't hurt, huh? lol

Blessings,
Gert

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hello Shirley! That's a great photo of your family. I hope you had a good holiday and I wish you all the best in this new year! I've gotten behind on my blog reading and commenting, but I haven't forgotten my bloggy friends! Take care!