Saturday, January 3, 2015

Going Home

   Our oldest heads back to Louisianan today. We didn't get what they were predicting for us instead of the ice and snow we actually had some sunshine off and on today. 
    Hubby hasn't caught the flu bug that is going around. The aide's were talking about all of those who had the diarrhea today when I went to check on him. They were having to do quite a bit of clean-up with not being able to get to them fast enough. He got his shower and his diet Pepsi so he was happy and he didn't have a problem with me coming home. 
   Our oldest son, two grandsons, and I went to breakfast together yesterday. We went over the the Diner at the Airport where I hadn't been for quite a while. We got to watch the planes land and take off. The food was good and the business is coming back. They needed a restaurant with the air guard being there. 
 After breakfast I got to hang out with the littlest in the picture while the oldest in the middle and his Uncle went to sight in the gun that our oldest grandson got for Christmas. They went to a firing range. I had fun with the littlest one in the picture. He did his exercises that he has to do before he goes to see the physical therapist at Children's Mercy on Monday. I still learn something new every time he goes.
  Later in the afternoon when I took my oldest back to our daughter's house, I went to supper with all of them. My blonde haired grandson says that he is not going to play baseball this summer. I don't know if he will change his mind or not. A picture of Mr.JC Penny who my grandson portrayed at the school program I went to. 
  With all of the kids headed back to school I will be a little lost for a while.I got to spent time with family which made my Christmas. Everybody was healthy.
   Hope you all had a good New Years. Saying prayers for all of those who are sick. Get well soon. Take Care.

14 comments:

Susie said...

Shirley, Glad your husband is good at this time. Nice for him and you. Bless his heart. Those grandsons keep you entertained I bet. I know what you mean about missing them...I had my youngest g.daughter for a couple days and missed her as soon as their car was out of my sight. Can't help it. Love them so much. Blessings to you Shirley. Please take care fo yourself and be extra careful when going out in the bad weather. xoxo,Susie

Debby said...

I hope you wil stay warm in this cold spell. I know you are careful when you go out. The after holidays can be a let down esp. When the weather keeps you in. Sounds like a
You had a nice holiday. Ours was as well plus the invasion of illness. Getting better. Hugs

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hope you are warm and cozy at home and sending prayers for your husband that he will be ok. Lots of folks have been sick lately.

Happy New Year sweet friend.
xx

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so happy to hear you had such a nice Christmas...you really do have the best family. And I know those grandsons are just the world to you (and so handsome!).

Glad to hear your husband is doing so good health~wise. Some of our schools were actually closed in early December because the flu hit so hard. We are all healthy here, thankfully.

Sending love and good wishes,

Jane x

Vickie said...

We got the flu over Christmas! I am still praying for your husband's protection from it.
Happy New Year Shirley!

Rettabug said...

You have a lovely, caring family, Shirley! I glad you got to spend some time with them over the holidays.

We, too, are praying that we avoid catching the flu. I have not been in any crowds, other than my granddaughter's winter concert. Being esp. careful about washing hands, too. This year's strain is esp. wicked. Our local hosp. had over 150 cases so far (only 60 last yr.)
Stay well!!

Gert said...

Shirley, so glad your hubby is staying well. And that you had such a nice CHRISTmas with family. Looks like this past snow storm may have missed you. We got some last night, but not as bad as others north of us.

Stay well and warm, you're in my prayers.
Blessings
Gert

Vicki Boster said...

Happy New Year pretty lady-- I'm so glad you are all well-- hope that nasty flu bug stays far away from you and hubby. So thankful he is continuing to do well-- I know how you worry.

You must have had a wonderful Christmas with those previous boys-/ they make my heart smile!

I've got your blog all loaded in for the party-- so exciting:)
Thanks for your offer to help-- I'll email you in a few weeks--
Love
Vicki

Charlotte said...

Glad to hear everyone is well. Grandsons steal your heart, don't they? Stay warm!

chateau chic said...

Spending time with family is the best...sounds like you enjoyed yours.
Thank you for your lovely visit and sweet comments!
Mary Alice

bj said...

Oh, Shirley...so glad your son got home safely.
It seems I stay in prayer all the time, asking HIM to keep our kids and grands safe ....I have a grandson that left in this bad weather, heading to his girl in Portland OR...he is going slow but so far he is staying safe.
Stay warm...I am on my way to the kitchen for some Raspberry Tea and a slice of date nut cake....Come have some with me. :)

Mereknits said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your family Shirley. Those boys are so handsome and getting bigger all the time. Good news about your husband avoiding the flu.
Meredith

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Shirley, So nice to catch up with you and so glad you all are well and your hubby did not catch that flu in the nursing home. Love the pics of him and your grands. I bet it was fun to hangout with the kids and enjoy the Christmas holiday. Glad you had a nice one and wishing you a wonderful new year filled with blessings.
Thanks for stopping by sweet lady. It is always a joy to see you.
Wishing you a great first week of January.
Hugs and Blessings

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Shirley, hope you are staying warm in this very cold weather we're having now. I am still behind on blog reading and I'm glad to read that you had a nice Christmas with your family. The boys are all so cute and growing up! Have a nice week and stay well. Hugs, Cheryl