Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10, 2008


Our fall color has really taken a toll from the cold and winds that we had late last week and over the weekend. They are now more to the browns and grays. We have been fortunate that we have only had rain so far, but we know that it is getting closer to the time we get the snow.

I had to take time out to watch Dancing with the Stars. I am not sure who I want to win, but it is so much fun to watch. Even the younger generation that gets the opportunity to do their dance. They are in the age range from 8-13 years old. I always have like the dance competitions and ice skating. Our daughter completed in ice skating in her younger years individually and on a precision team and we got to do some traveling to different locations that we would not have gone to except for a competition.

I am not really ready to get the winter clothes out yet, but I guess I am going to have to do

Trees can be very pretty, but you have a lot of leaves to rake and pickup. I know I did several bags and it didn't even seem like I made a dent. They accumulate so bad right in front of my basement door.
We won't be taken as many drives when the weather starts changing. I already know we won't be doing the Loess Hills Scenic drive this year. We should have done it last week, but I had to many irons in the fire. We went down toward Atchison, Kansas this past Sunday.The river bluffs wasn't as pretty as the week before. You could sure tell that the weather had changed and the wind was strong. Oh well there is always next year and who knows what it will bring.
We just take everyday we are given and try to enjoy it the best we can because every moment is precious.

No comments: