Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15, 2008

We had been out to our son's for his birthday. He was the lucky one who got the horse picture that I won in the raffle. His birthday cake was cherry cup cakes with cherry icing because he doesn't really care for cake and I don't know why. Matt had taken his bath and had put his new Mickey mouse pajamas on that we got him for his birthday and the foot is his older brothers. We will be babysitting them the Friday after Thanksgiving while their mommy and daddy do a craft show. They will take some tea towels of mine and a few other items. I would sooner spend the time with them then go elsewise because I do not tolerate the cold very good at the moment.

I have been working on my etsy shop rearranging some of the items and listing a few new items. I had to recharge my camera for some reason when the battery runs down you don't get good pictures. I really can't understand why. I will work on some more pictures tomorrow. I will be adding some more antique costume jewelry that belong to my mother-in-law and other things.

We have had one cold front go through and we are expecting another one. We had some rain but no snow as of yet.

I must tell you about a wonderful Christian group of college kids that came and rake my leaves today around the house. They got out of the vehicles and told me the Calvary had arrived. It didn't take them to long and the only payment they wanted was posing in a group picture and praying with them before they left. I had been having problems with my back when I bent down or over wondering if I would get back up or straightening up so this was very much god sent for me. They were a wonderful group and it was their way of giving back to the community before they head home for Thanksgiving. I told them I didn't expect them to rake my two acres, which I have been told we should sell it and get something smaller, but when you built it and lived here a long time you hate to give it up. When the health requires, it maybe.

No comments: