Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5,2008


My oldest son and grandson with his new lamp that I made him for his birthday. My grandson loves anything John Deere. I decided to do him a lamp for his room that he could use when he is laying on his bed which has a bookcase in the head board. We started him a collection of John Deere tractors and implements from the time he was olded enough to have them.
I need to get busy and make the other two a lamp but I haven't found a lamp that works and I didn't really want to pay full price for one. This one was found at a garage sale and I just reworked it to fit what I wanted. I just don't have enough hours in a day to devote to all of the things I like to do.
Our oldest has always built things out of lego's with the younger generation. He even still likes to build with lego's and see what kind of designs he can come up with. He got each of our grandsons their first set of lego's and help them build something with them. It keeps them very entertained that is for sure.
I can't wait to see the boys in their halloween costumes. Our youngest grandson went as a monster truck. Our middle one got to wear his pajamas to day care for halloween. That way they didn't have a lot of costumes to have to help the little ones with when they had to go to the bathroom.
The election is over and I am glad. We don't have to listen to the political ads anymore nor do we come home to find our answering machine full of them. It is was a little frustrating when you waiting for a message from the doctor's office.
I don't know if we will get to take our drive up the Loess Hills scenic highway or not this coming weekend because they are saying their is a chance of snow. I'll keep you posted on that one.

No comments: