Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friday First Day of Spring



Flowers make you think of Spring. I love getting flowers, don't we all. Today was absolutely gorgeous, we were in the 70's and hit 80 today now we will go backwards. I haven't blog for a day or two been a little busy trying to get my Easter quilt finished for Sneak a Peek Wednesday that is coming so you all can see it and tell me what you think. I took time over the weekend to go to a bridal shower for my great-niece. She has been accepted to med-school at M.U. in Columbia, Missouri.

We had to pick some one at each table to be the model, Then the rest had to make her a wedding dress out of toilet tissue. That was funny. The next project we played bingo for your squares you had to guess what her gifts was. When you guessed right, then you got to cover that square. I had never played that before and it was very interesting. They were registered at Lowe's for one place and they didn't want Matt to feel left out so someone got him a power drill and an extension cord. I got to see family that I hadn't seen for quite a while so it was very enjoyable. Our social calendar is getting filled up with weddings, graduations, my sister's 50Th wedding anniversary, my 50Th class reunion, and fit a few birthday's in there for the grandsons.

I am looking forward to my class reunion I will get to see some friends that I have seen in over five years. We are going back and tour our old high school which was on the college campus. We had the student teachers, but we were lucky because we got to use the college's facilities and try things in sports that wouldn't have been possible else wise. the school is now a grade school.

I need to get back to working on my quilt. I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day.

3 comments:

Anna Marie said...

Hi Shirley! Just found you through Etsy by searching local sellers. I am curious to know if you are from St. Joseph, MO though...it only says St. Joseph and I know that there are a few other towns with the same name in the US.

If you are from MO then we have something major in common :o) I also sell on Etsy, have a couple of blogs AND live in St. Joseph ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Shirley!
Love your new banner. Can't wait to see your quilt. Glad you're having a great week too.

The French Bear said...

You are so lucky to have beautiful weather, we are still under a mess of snow:( Can't wait to see the quilt!!
Cheers
Margaret B