Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Week

This is three of the tea towels that I have finished. The sleigh and candy cane are linen tea towels with a tiny green and red stripe. My blue birds are something that I experimented with the design goes clear across the bottom of the towel.
I can't decide which of my blue bird towels I like best. I have been doing quite a little the last few nights because of the stress at work. We are working short handed. It always adds that much pressure and I am trying to finish my year end to go to our accountant to do the taxes. I just take it to that point.




The birthday party. The younger ones are 4 and 5 year old. The older two are ten. They had so much fun and the weather cooperated beautiful so that it could be outside on their back deck. He had all of his pirate decorations.








Sunday was family reunion time. There was five brothers and two sisters there which wasn't bad. There was two sisters and a brother not there. The youngest was 5 weeks and the oldest will be 80 in November. We didn't for some reason have as many. Some were taking a vacation before kids go off to school whether it is college, grade school, or high school. We had someone in each category. It was an enjoyable day.
We had a rain storm go through this morning with lightening and thunder. I watch an impressive lightening show as I was driving to work this morning. I was wondering if it was smart, but it was necessary that I go to work. Have a good week.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What pretty hand-work! We had a storm at the same time! Actually it was a severe storm warning..I got to work a little late due to that. It stormed the whole day.
Today is gorgeous..low humidity and low 80's, but mold is terrible.