Thursday, June 2, 2011

Are You Ready for Summer

 Are you ready for summer? We hit 89 today and by the weekend they are predicting the 90's. We got woke up early with the thunder, lighting, and rain. It is so crazy with the sun shining one minute and raining the next.
I just know I don't want rain Saturday. It is Jake's first horse show of the season. He is showing Cleo and Baby Sis. Baby Sis has another name which I can never remember, but Matt calls her Baby Sis. Have you ever tried to find long sleeve shirts in June in a Men's small? You have to really shop to find it.
Matt has a t-ball game Saturday afternoon. I think I can get to see both. I know that I am going to try.
I thought I would show you a couple of the projects I am working on. I have had a few interruptions and no I did not take the pictures. I got them from Herschner's catalogue. I always change things a little from the way that they show them. When I list them, they will be my own pictures.
Their picture only shows half of the table scarf.
My butterflies are coming along. I have had a few interruptions where I have not been able to work on them.
I had to take out some stitches on my butterfly tea towel. When I am tired, it it best that I don't. The oranges are really close together in color. I think they will be pretty when I get finished.
I wanted to go to Cabala's on Sunday to finish a birthday present for my grandson, but I don't know because Nascar will be in town. It might not be to bad if I can get down and get it while the race is going on. I will have to check and see. Otherwise the traffic will be horrible bumper to bumper. I can drive in it, but I don't want to do it.
Well tomorrow is Friday  another work day. I hope to get more done then I did today, but then we only had three of us doing it. When we are short handed, we do whatever is necessary to get it done.

My heart and prayers go out to all of the people affected by the storms and the flooding. They keep saying the Missouri River flood is going to worse then 1993. I hope not, but people have had a lot of advance notice.
Have a great weekend. Stay safe and cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Shirley, thank you adding yourself as a follower of my blog. Your blog is just beautiful, filled with pretty pictures and I will take some time to have a read through. Warm regards, Ann ~ Australia

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley,
Yes, it has been hot here too. Reaching 100 today and upper 90's all next week.
Hope you have a great time at the games and horse show.
The butterfly project is a beautiful design.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a great weekend and no rain for Saturday.
Hugs from Texas,
Celestina Marie