Sunday, April 11, 2010

WEEKEND ALMOST OVER

The weekend is almost gone. The weather was absolutely beautiful for a change. We have been in the 70's all weekend, but they talk about rain coming back to start the week. It is just what we need.
We went to our inside mall today and after spending a lot of money to remodel it. We didn't get the new shops, but did get a food court. We didn't buy anything because you pay an extra cent sales tax. I looked at a blouse, it was pretty, but not $79.00 pretty. I have never spent that kind of money on a blouse for work.
I will go back to the strip mall and go shopping there. It is no where near that expensive. The same dress at Penny's and the Dress Barn were 25.00 difference with the Dress Barn the cheaper of the two. Penny's was 79.00 and the Dress Barn was 54.00. I am looking for a nice pair of black slacks and I don't want the ones that doesn't have a belt. I guess I am just old fashion.
We are going to take a trip this next month if everything goes as planned and I will go to the factory outlet mall while I am gone.
Yesterday was a great day for packages and I will post pictures as soon as I take them. I got the faux cupcakes that I won from LuLu and Franklin from Michelle. I was really so happy that I won.
Well I am headed to read blogs so everybody have a great week.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley,
I am glad you had such a nice weekend. We are having nice weather here in Texas, too. I love your blog header, so very pretty! Enjoy your week, my friend! Vicki

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley Love the new banner! Glad you had a nice weekend. Mine started off ookey. Thursday was cold and grey, but fine for staying inside. The ER that is. Mom called about 12noon they were headin to the Hospital..she felt funny..got there and her heart flutter was acting up. It hadn't done that for a year. After a long while and oodles of tests they came back and said everything was normal, except the heart beat, about 5 she said she thought it had gone back into sync. They quickly got the EKG and sure enough it was normal beat. Of course they sent her home. So, the rest of the weekend, we went to the Antique Mall. That's our relaxation therapy. Dad watches the big screen at the cafe and me and Mom stroll thru...well I stroll, she sits in the wheelchair.hehe.
Have a nice first part the new week!!
Melody
...we're friends stitched together by embroidery threads....

Anne Lorys said...

I'm not a big fan of malls either, give me a goof thrift store anytime!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. :-)

Have a wonderful week!
Anne

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Shirley..sounds like you had a nice weekend. That's too bad about the mall being so expensive...I guess there are people out there who are willing to pay those crazy prices but I'm not one of them. I hope you're able to find those slacks you're looking for. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Maura