Monday, June 13, 2011

SITTING AND WAITING

They are basically sitting and waiting for the water to get higher and try to be better prepare to have less damage here. Some people won't be as lucky. The picture is of the river running bank full as of this past Saturday. The current looked swift and moving quickly.
Because of all of the flood water some of the others will flood because the Missouri backs up into them. Some of the areas north are all ready flooding due to the levee breaking.
Check out the birthday cake, It is a very berry cobbler taken off the fire and served with ice cream. My grandson didn't want the traditional birthday cake. I think everybody should chose if they get the option. We love the cobblers that she bakes in her dutch oven.
What do you think of my grandson's fashion for riding his horse for us to show what he has been doing at riding lessons. Shorts and cowboy boots. He and his Aunt Angie traded shoes because she wanted to ride Cleo. He wore her flip flops and she had his cowboy boots. They could change their shoes very easy.
It doesn't seem like he should be 12 years old already. I can remember the day he was born very well. Her mom was suppose to be with her, but I ended up there because her mom couldn't handle it. I guess I did because I had been dealing with his grandfather's health issues for a long time.
Pat was riding when we first got there so that Cleo would be ready to ride when everybody else got there. Our youngest grandson  Ethan wore his cowboy boots in hopes Uncle Pat would let him ride Cleo.
They all had a good time and you couldn't ask for better weather. It got cool in the evening when we were out on the deck that you needed a sweater. It is down to 66 degrees so far and is still dropping. We have already dropped below our supposedly low for tonight.
We are trying to get  Pat to show Cleo in his age range. I don't know if we will succeed or not. We will have to wait and see what happens.
Have a wonderful week.
T

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Shirley, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. What stunning horses you have and lucky grandchildren to have the chance to ride. The Birthday cake looks delicious!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

What a great day you had and that cobbler is just to die for!

I hope the waters will go down quick there!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, that cobbler looks awesome and like enough to feed an army....I bet it was all done in a day it looks so good. Thanks for stopping by my blog....LuLu is a sweetie....I dearly love her. Can't wait to check out some of your embroidery....it is such a lost art with all of the machines doing it now....which I don't personally like myself.....just became your newest follower and pray the waters go down...
xojana

Char said...

Hi Shirley,
your birthday cobbler looks so delicious and yes, I too think it's a great idea to let everyone pick on their special day. I bet that tastes so yummy. Happy 12th birthday!!
Your grandsons are so lucky to be able to ride and they look like they are really enjoying it.
I hope the flooding stops soon. Too many have lost their homes this year due to the weather.
I would love your night time temps. Our nights are now in the 80's and raising. Have a great week, Char

deb said...

Looks everyone had a great time! mmmm Cobbler & Ice cream!!
*hugs*deb

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That cobbler looks sooooooo yummy! Hope all the water goes down soon. We need rain here.It's been dry for weeks!

Cinderella Moments said...

The cobbler is a fabulous idea! I'm glad you had a great time. I've been hearing about your flooding on tv. Stay safe!
hugs,
Caroline