Saturday, May 19, 2012

1st Horsehow

Both won first in their individual event
Daddy getting Cleo ready Matt supervising
My grandson helping present the colors
Matt and Cleo got first
Jake and Fergie as they were announcing the placement
Today didn't start off the best, but it got better. Have you ever put a cell phone through the washing machine? I did and that was just one of the things that went wrong before I went to watch the boys ride today. 
Hubby was having an issue not being able to stay out of the bathroom so he sent me to go watch the boys ride. He said that he would be o.k. which he was, but that still didn't mean that I didn't worry about him while I was gone. It was still going on when I came home. 
I got Matt's shirt done last night and took it to him today. He put it on soon after I got there and that is what he showed in all day. 
Today was called a fun day and they got to wear the short sleeves and could wear t-shirts. It was just an opportunity to show their horses and have a good time before the season really gets going. 
I hope you don't get tired of seeing them, but grandma is so proud of the boys. Of course Proud Parents couldn't have been happier with the boys. 
Matt didn't show his pony Baby Sis. She wasn't in a cooperative mood for some reason and they didn't want him getting hurt. She has bucked him off in the past. He was lucky the last time and no broken bones. 
My oldest grandson got to help present the colors at the start of the day. They were going to have all of the competitors ride carrying flags, but they had to many green horses and they were afraid someone one might get hurt. 
We had one almost get thrown, and then one's horse laid down and try to roll over on the rider. Always some excitement. 
The boys were having a good day. I am glad they didn't compete against one and another because if little brother beat big brother, you would have never heard the end of that. 
You didn't notice the temperature because you had some clouds and the wind blew all day and times it blew hard.  We had a shower before it started and I thought hear we go again because they cancelled it last week. 
I showed grandpa the pictures after I got home and he was really happy for both of the boys. 
I am sorry for the long post, but grandma's love showing the accomplishments. 
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I am enjoying mine. Have a great week.  


Marydon said...

And g'ma should be proud & enjoying sharing all the details of the boys, with us. Beautiful pictures, Shirley. sorry hubby couldn't get there & is feeling better now.

Have a great eve ~

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Shirley! CONGRATULATIONS to your Grandson's on their winnings!! Wow they both won in their very first show...that's wonderful. I don't blame you for being could you not be :) I'm glad your day improved as it went along and that the show didn't get rained out. could send us your rain next time and we'll send your our sunshine! Enjoy your evening and have a wonderful Sunday. Take care.
Maura :)

NanaDiana said...

Congrats to your grandsons. I can just tell how proud you are of them. It's too bad your hubby wasn't able to go. Hopefully, he will be able to make some of the shows. It is fun to see them having fun in their tshirts. I suppose they have to wear the long sleeved shirts during competitions?

Sorry about your cell phone! Hope you can get it fixed or get another one soon.

Have a wonderful Sunday, Shirley- xo Diana

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley, I couldn't help but smile about your cell phone. You asked if anyone else had done that. Yes, I have, twice!!! within a three month period. I told my family they were going to have to trade me in on a new model!!! I know you must have been so thrilled when your sweet grandson put that shirt on that you made especially for him. Enjoy your Sunday~Vicki

Debby said...

I enjoy hearing about your grandson's. Glad they did so well. I hope your husband is feeling better now.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I know you are so proud of those Grand Boys!!


Nanniepannie said...

What a fun day!!Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment, it made my day.

Michelle May said...

Oh how much fun for the kiddo's and grandma too!

Sharon said...

What a fun day you had. You should be very proud of all your grandchildren. Your poor cell phone. Maybe you could open it up at let it dry out.?

LilacsNDreams said...

CONGRATS! to the grandsons, and was sorry to hear about the cell phone...I would be so lost without mine! Hope hubby feeling better, and sorry he had to miss out, but there will be more times:)

Ya'll have a sweet holiday weekend. Take care!:)