Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Flowers

The flowers are blooming so funny this year. My daughter's mums are budding out and trying to bloom. I have never seen anything like this year. It has been so different and goes from one extreme to the other with the temperatures. 
It looks like it is going to rain and my neighbor is sitting up for a yard sale. They have to tried to tarp it, but if it does what they say it isn't going to work. It has been a hectic couple of days at work and won't get better with everything that needs to be done. If they would just leave me alone, I would get much more accomplished. Running up and down the steps can be exhausting especially when it is in and out of air-conditioning. I know it is good exercising.
We have a doctor appointment on Friday to see if his ankle is broke again. It didn't swell, but just throbs. Friday was the earliest I could get him in unless we went to the ER. I have been alternating between heat and cold and having him elevate it. If it isn't one thing, it is another. I keep getting told to have patience, but I think they are wearing thin at times.
You really wonder what makes some people think money grows on trees. Our city raised our sewer tax 11%. They might as well put the people on fix incomes in the street that are trying to stay in their homes. They raised our real estate taxes, personal property taxes,school taxes, and now this plus the utilities want a raise. We don't get a raise. I wonder if someone would pay my bills if I didn't have enough money. The one in front of me had food stamps at the grocery store. Let's just say some of the things being purchased were not suppose to be allowed. They went out and got in a new car. They were supposed to be laid off at the present time.You reckon if I would become unemployed I could get food stamps and all the medical bills paid by for some one else. It just is irritating, when you need help you can't get it, but some of the others have no problem at all. That is enough about that.
Off to visit some of you and see what you are doing. Have a great day. 

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I hope his ankle is not broken again. Keep us posted.

It's really hot here already and we don't have central air. We do have a window until in our den and in our bedroom. We turn the bedroom one on at night so we can sleep. In the summer I have to bring my supplies from my studio into the den to work because it's so hot in my studio it's impossible to work in there.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

p.s. Thank you so much for the lovely words you left on my Blog. I really appreciate it. xoxo

NanaDiana said...

Oh-It sounds like you didn't have a very good day, Shirley. It does rankle me to see people that have worked their whole lives barely able to get by while others seem to have free and easy pickings when they know how to work the system. Blessings to you- xo Diana