Friday, May 18, 2012

Ready for a day off

 I am ready for the weekend to get started. It is beginning to cool down this evening, but not that much. We got up the low 90's today and I hope it is not that way tomorrow or it will be miserable at the horse show.  They have decided to have like a mini flea market at the last minute. I guess I will take some of my tea towels so that they can see what I do.
We went this evening and got grandpa a new straw hat. I sorta of mutilated his other hat. I had laid it downstairs and I guess I put something heavy on top of it when I cleaned out the car. It was smashed.
The new one is more ventilated so it should be cooler. I thought I would show you some more pictures of my grandsons. Matt had control of the television and he couldn't care less that we were taking a picture of his new saddle then because he was getting to watch his cartoons.
When he stays with daddy, he has to watch what dad watches. Dad doesn't let him watch his cartoons.
He was mommy's helper last night and they went and picked strawberries. The price was right. They were free. One of the guys that she works with told her that she was more then welcome to come and pick as many as she wanted. Needless to say she didn't tell him no. The one that she works with deep fries chicken that is out of this world. The way that he seasons it and it is so moist. I thought I would show you my grandson in his new red shirt with his new hat. Part of the rules in Western Pleasure is that you have to wear long sleeves even if it is hot. He is going to be 13 in just about a month. It doesn't seem like that he should be that old. It is making me feel older.  My grandson was having fun showing grandma what he could do. It will be interesting to watch tomorrow because it is the first time he has shown Fergie since they got her. She seems to be really gentle when she is around people. Well I need to get some things ready for tomorrow. I did get my other grandsons t-shirt finished and it is in the washing machine and ready to go into the dryer. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Your little grandson is just so cute. He looks good in his Western wear. 13? I have a 13 year old granddaughter, too. How did we ever get to be this old, Shirley? lol

Now I am craving strawberries- xo Diana

sweet violets said...

Can't wait for local strawberries!! Now those are nice looking boys...hope you all have a great day tomorrow, you are sending us some of your hot weather this weekend, but at least the nights will be cool.....hugs...cleo

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Shirley, aww your Grandson is so handsome in his nice red shirt and I love his horse. He's very fortunate to have such a good natured horse...I wish my mare was like that. Mmmm strawberries and what a great deal too! Enjoy your evening.
Maura :)

Cinderella Moments said...

Your grandson is very handsome. You are a lucky grandma! Soon you'll start fixing him up with girls.
Strawberry picking is a very fun thing to do. Especially when it's free. :)
Have a fun Sunday!
hugs
Caroline