Friday, February 22, 2013

RETIREMENT???

The  snow has stopped and the sun is trying to peek out from under the clouds. My driveway is bladed shut thanks to our city workers. I won't be going anywhere until it gets cleaned out for me as if I was going anywhere today. 
 
Basically a lot of stores are closed today which I can't say I blamed them. I set here watching my next door neighbor trying to get out of their driveway. They have a Kia I think, but needless to say they didn't make it out. 
 
My stress level went down some with a phone call that I got yesterday.  I still have to send them more paper work, but until they have that they can't tell me how much other then they will help us. You know I am a person who has always paid my own way and never asked for help. If I could figure out a way, I wouldn't ask for help now.  All I can say is if you are our age be prepared for surprises because you are going to get them with all of the changes that they are making.You always had the thought that medicare and supplement insurance would pay the bills. Not now. One medication they have him on, our portion out of pocket is over 200.00 and it is only for 14 days, that is a bummer.  At that rate we will be in the donut hole before you realize it.
 
I am working on some new projects, but not far enough long to show pictures as of yet.  I have to keep the hands busy. You all stay warm and safe. There are a lot of people that have to dig out from the snow or there were tornado's  in the south. Take care.

3 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Health care cost surprises are no fun! The place my husband works at was bought by another company. So, now, we have a different insurance and it doesn't cover any where close to what our old one did. We had a lot of very expensive surprises last year. It was awful. Now, I'm afraid of getting sick or hurt for more than being ill...the cost is scary! We can't afford very many of those surprises. I'm about to head to the doctor this morning for another procedure. I have no idea what it's going to cost us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be very minimal. Good luck with your health expenses. I hope your hubby is feeling good very soon. Have a nice weekend and fun working on your projects. Can't wait to see them. :-)

Vickie said...

Hi Shirley! We got snow too, not as bad as you. It helps having 3 teens in the house to clear it up. ;)
I have been praying for both of you.

NanaDiana said...

I know what you mean, Shirley. The Medicare/Medicaid system could use some overhauling. I feel sorry for those that can't afford their medications and have no help anywhere. I do think that we should be able, in this country, to help those that need it with medical help. I am glad that there might be some help for you soon.
It is still snowing here but is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Hope you have a good night- xo Diana