Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Gone

What happened to February? The month just started, but then the weather has been part of the culprit with so much snow.  Monday I was having some problems with the stomach from all the stress. When is it going to end? I hope this last paper work is the last that I have to do. Pray that  I have given them enough. I think not knowing is part of my problem.
Then Tuesday we got the snow and I went no where. They had problems trying to push the driveway because of it being so wet and  heavy. Wednesday, more snow, but my daughter-in-law came and got me in their 4 wheel truck. I spent the day with my two oldest grandsons. They were out of school and I knew I wouldn't being able to get into the parking lot at work. When they brought me home, they cleaned off my car and around it. It was a good 10 inches plus part of it had melted so I really don't know how much we got for sure.  It still wasn't that good today, but I could park on the street and then very carefully walked  into work. I got some of it done, tying up loose ends without much help.
Tonight I went to our mall to hear my youngest grandson sing. The kindergarten and first grade put on a very good program. They had worked really hard on it. They have only gone to school three days in the last two weeks. 
I thought I would show you a couple of my tea towels that I have finished.  I have to keep the hands busy right now. This seems to be my best stress reliever.  My roosters has a copper color blanket stitch around the edge. 
I have the possibility of doing a Spring Craft Show. I haven't done one, but then I may be doing more of them. I will just have to wait and see. 
The snow we got this time was great for building forts and snowmen.  Matt was busy building his lego's. He has all of these things he wants to get done before his Uncle John gets home. 
I am looking forward to him being home. He will be here the week of Easter. The boys are counting days and they will all want his attention.  I have talked to him this week. He always seems to know when mom needs to hear his voice. 
I hope you all have been staying warm and safe. If you have to travel, please be careful. So many accidents and many were because of driving to fast for the road condition. Have a wonderful weekend. 



6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Your tea towels are so cute, Shirley. It is good to stay busy- I do the same thing.
I am glad your dd was able to pick you up and that you spent time with the boys.
How nice that your son is coming home during Spring break. That will be a good thing.
Have a wonderful, wonderful night- xo Diana

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I can't help but think how different this March 1st is from last. Last March was like spring and this year our weatherman is telling us it's going to stay cold for awhile longer. We still have snow on the ground. I know you do too, but we only got 3". I am enjoying my time at home crocheting. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley,
Happy March and I pray this month goes better for you. Your tea towels are gorgeous and your work always prefectly stitched.
How special your son will be home soon. Happy times all around my friend.

Thank you for the birthday greeting. Wishing you a warm weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Vickie said...

How wonderful that John is coming home. =)

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hi Shirley, your sewing work is gorgeous! Such sweet and happy colours. The snow looks beautiful in your photo, but I can imagine you're quite done with it. Wishing you a sunny March! Hugs, Wendy

Acorn to Oak said...

Your family sounds very sweet. That's wonderful that they are there for you through stressful times. Handwork can be so helpful during those times too. Your tea towels are wonderful! I especially like the first one. Very pretty. Have a nice weekend!