Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Anyone



How many of you can remember when you went in a wagon or a sled with a team of horses pulling you to town? You were all wrapped up in quilts to keep warm. Going out to take care of the animals in the snow and  cold. I can remember when my dad got his first used car and our first refrigerator.
My tree was taken several years ago, but that is how I think we are going to end up with the temperature staying right around the freezing mark. The snow is still coming down  and needless to say I don't know when it is going to stop.
I did get my taxes figured yesterday and talked about our new planning stages of drawing unemployment. I haven't done that for a long, long, long, time. I thought I was really going to retire from my job, but then that was a rude awakening. I had been there for a long long time. I have a few things to finish up then it will be doing whatever. I don't know where to look for a new one at my age. I wasn't really wanting it, but then maybe it will good in the long run. It did relieve a little of the stress, stomach is still churning and the meds don't help alot. It will settle down I hope.
My youngest grand son and his yellow race car got third in districts of the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby. He got two trophies, one when he won at his pack race and the  other at districts. Him and his dad was already talking about the next car. He said he just couldn't catch the one that won.
I have been told  that they were going to help with the nursing home bill, but they want more paper work before they will tell me how much. I have a deadline to get  it in by. They don't take in consideration the weather.
I hope all of you stay safe and warm. For those north and east of us, the snow is coming your way. I think the groundhog must have been really had his eyes shut so he couldn't see his shadow. Look at the snow we have had here at the end of the month.
Take care. 

9 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Shirley,
Yes, your weather looks like what I am experiencing too!! Where in Missouri are you located? I'm in Kansas City.
Congrats to your Grandson on the pinewood derby win. My husband was a scout, and I still have a couple of his pinewood derby cars that he made back in the late 1960's.
Be careful if you have to venture out!
Jane

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Shirley! We got 3 inches today! The most snow we've had in over 2 years. Last week's storm only brought us ice and kept me off the roads for two days. I don't know how long this one will keep me in, but it sure is pretty! Stay safe and warm! Twyla

Acorn to Oak said...

It's warming up here on the west coast. In fact, the temps are supposed to reach to about 80 by the weekend. This weather usually heads your way. So, the snow should soon be over and you'll probably have sunny skies and less cold. Just hoping it's not too warm too soon that it melts the snow too fast. Stay warm!

Vickie said...

Take care Shirley. Stay in if you can. The snow is due here in a few hours.

nancarts said...

Hi Shirley...you have my prayers! I live in Florida and right now it is raining..which is better than the cold and snow. I did live in the north once upon a time, and experienced all those things you blogged about, but that was in my younger days! They are fond memories.
Have a blessed day!
Peace and Blessings,
Nancy

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi, Shirley! I know you must be happy to have your taxes done. We are always late in the game.

We are having rain and snow here in C hicago...it's melting quite fast but this afternoon it was really coming down.

Stay safe and warm!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

First off, Congrats to your grandson- that is pretty darned good in all that competition.
Sorry to hear you have eve more paperwork to turn in. It's amazing how fouled up some of these things get.
Hope you have a wonderful evening and stay safe in all those storms- xo Diana

Debby said...

Hi Shirley. I flew back home yesterday. So many delays for so many. Al across the midwest and across the east coast. Wondering if they all finally made it home. When I was in Denver we had snow every day. One day we had 10 1/2 inches.
Hope you get the help you need from Medicare. What a pain with that paper work.
Congrats to your grandson. What an honor.
Hang in there my friend.

Unknown said...

G'morn sweet Shirley ~ I'd pay money to have a wee bit of that gorgeous snow you are getting ... we are in a SNOW DROUGHT, they call it. A little inch here, a little inch there, no big snow this year ... ugh! I so look forward to at least one huge snow storm every year. None to speak of last year either. And this year is the year I finally conned Harold into getting a snow blower ... chuckle!

How fun your gr-son did so well in the derby. Bet he is popping his buttons!

I hope that they do give you all the help you need for the health care issues. Hope things have settled down for hubby, I know it has to be hard.

I haven't been blogging much, the end of 2012 was really stressful & I just haven't gotten back into it much at all ... one day.

Think of you often, sending you lots of hugs & love,
TTFN ~
Marydon