Saturday, February 13, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Tomorrow is one of the biggest day's of the year. It is a big day for flowers. I got my Valentine present which has nothing to do with flowers, candy, or the usual gifts. It was breakfast with my oldest son, who we don't see as much as we would like. The time share is more precious as we get older in life.
After breakfast my hubby and I took off to a quilt shop in Stewartsville, Missouri. They didn't have what I wanted, but they would be happy to help me put together what I need to finish my queen size quilt and machine quilt it for me. They also told me about a quilt shop in Kearney, Missouri. It wasn't far down the road so away we went. It was a neat shop call Sew Bee It. The building made me think of a historical shop, because of the way it was made. They had the needles that I like to use when I am embroidering. I also found some tea towels that I want to put a pattern on that will be different and I think very cute. I will post pictures after I try them. They are made of a different type of material then what I normally use. It should be fun.
Hey, I read that we had snow in 49 states on the same day. Some places had more then others. Hawaii was the only state that didn't have. We should have gone and seen family. It would only cost us the air fare because he would pick us up at the airport and we could stay with him. I would love to go, but it is further then we are allow to travel away from home with my hubby's health problems.



My daughter and grandson was headed to the bike show. He couldn't understand why he couldn't take his bike. He has an orange battery operated bike and really thinks that he is hot stuff.
I never know what my boys are up to. They definitely keep grandma busy if I have all three.
Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends. Take care.

3 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Happy Heart Day Shirley,
LuLu♥♥♥

The French Bear said...

Happy Valentine's Day sweet Shirley!!!! I am so glad you had a chance to get out and do something you like to do!!! Hopefully everyone is feeling good this weekend!!
I read about you winning Brenda's draw, lucky you, I am sure it will be absolutely wonderful!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Shirley! Congratulations on your win! Twyla