Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow, Snow , Snow


I borrowed the image from one of my blog friends Two Crazy Crafters. They love vintage valentines as much as I do.
All I have heard on the radio today that the snow is suppose to arrived tomorrow and stay around all day on Friday. I just want it to go away. They say it will be worse then the last one we had, but who knows. Sometimes I think they are guessing.
One of our crews from the 139Th left today to help fly relief supplies to Haiti. They didn't know if they were going to help state side or go all of the way to Haiti. Regardless of where they go, they will do a great job. I have watched them land the C-130's using very little run way.
It is awesome to watch them take off and land. Of course it can make you emotional especially when you know where they are going. We keep all of our military in our thoughts and prayers. Our military family goes way back, and I am proud of what they have done to keep us safe and I still have nefews serving in Iraq and Afghastan.
I have taken so many phone calls today wanting to know what we were going to do after the business that I work for closes. It isn't us, but another Lumber Yard down the street from us. We can possibly pick up some business from them closing, who knows now with the economy like it is all over the US and so many people out of work. We just keep praying that it gets better.
I need to get back to my baby quilt and work on it some more. It is fun watching it come to life. You all take care.

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Shirley! Of course it's okay for you to use our image and it is even nicer of you to mention where you got it. Thank you so much and we are glad you are enjoying our vintage Valentines. Have a good week! Twyla