Thursday, February 25, 2010

Something of Interest

WE have some mighty sick people out there who will give kids anything. This was given to me at work and it makes you really stop and think what is our world coming to.
The article is about a new drug in Schools. The new drug is known as 'strawberry quick'. It is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks (the candy that sizzles and pops in your mouth), It also smells like strawberry and is being handed out to kids in the school yards. They are calling it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.
Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the hospital in dire condition. Please instruct your children, grandchildren not to accept candy from strangers and even not to accept candy that looks like this from a friend(who may have been given it and believed it is candy) and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc immediately. Hopefully tragedies can be prevented by making people aware of it. If you want to read the whole article, go http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271215,00.html
Now days you have to be concern about everything that is going around you and it is so unreal. Why do people have to do these things? There is more and more drugs in the schools that they don't really want you to know about. Even where they have had the Dare Program, they still have the drugs in the schools.
I don't know if all of the unemployment has anything to do with these or not. They say our economy is getting better and the unemployment rate is going down. I would like to know where. We had two more businesses close losing another over 100 jobs.
That is enough of my soap box tonight. I don't usually blog about this, but I couldn't hardly
believe it. We had quite a discussion about it at work because all of us at work have grandchildren.
I have really enjoyed reading all of the comments left on my blog and I want to thank you all for doing it. It is greatly appreciated. I must close for this evening. Everybody take care.

8 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh Shirley this sickens me!
The devil is everywhere and we have to be watchful at all times!
My children are all grown but I worry for our grandchildren and all the children of the world!

Such a sad world when evil strikes at innocent children!

Hugz, Dolly

Thank you so very much for the sweet birthday wishes! xxoo

deb said...

OMG this is aweful! Can't relax at any time, seems we always have to be on guard. So much for innocence of the child :(

Keep warm
*hugs*deb

The French Bear said...

Jeepers, people are so sick, I wish they would stop hurting children! I agree with you Shirley and I don't mind you on your soapbox!!!! I am slowly feeling better... we still have snow but it was beautiful outside today!
I may feel like sewing tomorrow....well maybe!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Lynn said...

Oh man, this type of thing really sickens me too, it's just horrible, and I hope they can find out the people who are putting kids in danger.
You know I love my dog Shirley and I love dogs in general. In Toronto there is someone putting out poison foods at the dog parks, these people are sick too... makes me so angry!

Deep breath....... ah that's better :)

Cinderella Moments said...

I'm not surprised. It's big money getting kids hooked. Evil has always gone after the children. They're the easiest to grab. That's what all those fairy tales were about long,long ago. Thanks for sharing Shirley. Get on that soapbox as much as you want! It's o.k. with me! ;)

Vicki said...

Hello, Shirley,
I will talk to my grandchildren about this. I was not aware of it. Thank you for letting us know. Take care, my friend, and have a beautiful weekend! Vicki

JoyAnna said...

Thanks, Shirley, I was checking out your blog and found this. I'm sending the fox news link today to my daughter and son who both have kids in school so they can be informed about this!

I'm shocked about all the ugly stuff that goes on! Whatever happened to the "good old days" when I grew up? Never ever heard of drugs, guns in school and such then!!

Julie L. Light said...

Thanks for the heads up, my daughter is in high school and I always like to know what's going on!
It's too bad that there are such evil people out there that try to entice our kids into the sickening world of drugs. I'm praying for a better world :)
Have a fabulous day!
Julie