Wednesday, March 17, 2010

NEW CHANGES

I really appreciate those who share their images with us. I like making my blog post look like I am using stationary. I think it gives it some character.
St Patrick's is just about over at our household for this year. We had our corn beef, cooked cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. We had corn bread and biscuits instead of the bread. My son is staying with us at the present time really enjoyed it. He hadn't had it for a while.
Today was a gorgeous sun shiny day with the temperature really warming up quite nicely. It would have been a great day to play hooky and be outside for a change.
I thought I would start making my banner be ready for the next Holiday "Easter". It has a special meaning at our household because we will also be celebrating our son's birthday.
Of course, the younger two grandsons will have an Easter egg hunt, but my oldest thinks that he is getting a little to old. He is only going to be 11 his birthday. He will be starting middle school this next year. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
We just enjoy the boys so much. I think I may have told you in a previous post that when I have a stressful day, I go play with the boys. Get my grandma fix. They just grow up entirely to fast. I still read to the younger ones. We played Uno Moo the last time and they won which was really exciting for them. I don't think that we really played it right, but it was a new game.
I hope you all had a wonderful sun shiny day. We are to have another one and be warmer tomorrow. We shall see. Everybody take care.

5 comments:

The French Bear said...

Shirley, I love the new look, you are so talented..... I have a hard time making my banners. I love the way you do your posts, that's what makes us all so unique, I have always felt like yours were on stationary, like a letter each day!!! Love it!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Beedeebabee said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, Shirley!
Your blog is so pretty! I love you Eastery banner and the vintage illustration you used on this post is just darling! Your grand kids must love when you play with them... You sound like a very fun Grammy! xo's Paulette

Tina said...

Love thoses sweet images Shirley - they are so cute
Thanks for sharing.
~ Tina

If I Had A Girl Like You said...

Your blog is just beautiful. I love the way you set it up and the commentary your giving. I have a new blog and would love to have you stop over. I need all the help I can get. You have perfected yours.
Liz

JoyAnna said...

Shirley,
Your blog is just beautiful - the prettiest one I follow I think! Love your Easter banners and hearing about your grandchildren and seeing their pictures.
A lovely weekend to you,
Brenda from JoyAnna