Monday, March 8, 2010

A NEW TREASURER

I was going through some more costume jewelry and I came across this necklace. I thought it was really pretty. One of my other finds was a small silver vintage evening bag. I haven't got a good picture of it yet because my lighting is the best for some reason.

We hit 64 degrees and we are possible going to have storms later tonight and in the morning. It is just what we needed but the snow is almost all gone.
Is everybody ready for St Patty's day. There is rain in the forecast so it might put a damper on the parade in Kansas City. They have had a big parade as long as I can remember and it is televised so you don't have to go to be able to see all of the parade. They are also having basketball tournaments for the next three weeks so maybe we will be lucky to get some of the motel business or some stopping here to eat as they are traveling through.
I got to see one of the new highway patrol cars because my neighbor is driving it. The only way you know that it is a patrol car is because of all the antennas on the back. If you can see that, then it is already to late and they have already got you.
We have a company looking to hire six people and they had over 200 applicants. They had the police there for crowd control. We have so many people out of work. Of course all of the snow hasn't helped and now they are talking about rain.
You all have a wonderful evening.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley,
We had rain today here in Texas. Maybe spring will arrive with some sunshine soon for all of us. I love that vintage St. Patrick's Day image and also that beautiful necklace. I hope you have a week filled with the promise of spring, my friend! Vicki

Unknown said...

That necklace is beautiful Shirley!
WOW, 64!!! That rocks!! It has been in the 50's here in Michigan which is great. Today is our last day of 9 straight days of sunshine, I am going to make the most of it :) It is supposed to rain the next five days.
Have a gorgeous day sweetie!
Hugs,
Amy

LadyV said...

Hi Shirley, love the necklace, it reminds me of one my sister has in her collection.

All of the 30 inches of snow has melted and we've been in the 60's for the last couple of days...I'm sooooo ready for the forsythias to bloom and the tulips to emerge.

Have a great day!

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Shirley,

What a gorgeous necklace...I have a weakness for bling and this one is stunning!

Hope it doesn't rain on your parade Sweet Friend!

Hugs,
Karyn

deb said...

Gorgeous necklace! Sweet St Pattys Day pic too.
Hope the rain waits till after the parade is done.
I'm keeping the tables the way they are...if I did anything with them they'd end up looking like that before long in this house! LOL
Just think we all had shabby chic furniture when the kids were little, we just didn't know we were ahead of our time! LOL
*hugs*deb

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley,
The vintage necklace is gorgeous. I love vintage jewels and have all my mothers.

Yes, I am ready for St. Patrick's Day. I am have Irish and it has always been an important day in my family. My Dad was Irish and his father from Dublin.
I am going to lunch with a dear girlfriend in the afternoon, which will be fun.

Hope your rain is less then expected but maybe it will wash the rest of your snow away. We hit middle 70's today. So ready for warmer days too.

Thank you for stopping by. So nice to see you.
Have a great evening and rest of the week.

Love, Celestina Marie

The French Bear said...

Shirley, the necklace is beautiful!!!
I do hope you get some good weather!
Hugs,
Margaret B