Friday, January 4, 2013

Day At Home

 Normally I am working on Friday, but I was a little under the weather. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. I have spent the majority of the day sleeping. I guess it was what I needed.  I have to keep the knee still elevated and going up and down stairs at work wasn't helping to much. I go the doctor  on Wednesday. 
The picture to the right is what they are predicting again for us for the weekend. I  can handle the snow just not the ice. 
I was surprised by the pictures that I found on my camera. I turned it over to  my oldest grandson to take pictures so I could take them to his grandfather.
 His Aunt Angie and him were wearing their hats on Christmas Eve. Her reindeer antlers blinked with flashing lights and his played jingle bell rock. They were getting in the Christmas mood before they handed out Christmas Presents.  You can see how tall he is and he has almost caught his dad.
He is a very adult 13 year old with all that he has gone through the last couple of weeks.  His other grandfather is back in the hospital with a blood clot as if having a stroke was not bad enough.  
This year has absolutely got to get better.  It warmed up enough to melt some more of the snow, but we could get the black ice back again that I don't like.

This picture was a surprise  on my camera. It was my little bag that says My grandsons.  that my oldest two grandsons gave me for Christmas. They are lined up according to age. It  is wonderful to keep all of my little sewing items in such as needles, scissors, seam ripper, tape measures and you know all those little things that you are always hunting for when you are sewing. 
I know from looking at my picture I looked like I have really aged lately. I didn't realize how much until I looked at that picture. I know the last three months of 2012 really sucked. I am hoping that things look up at our house for a change. 
The next picture is Mr. Sammy Snail pillowcase that I embroidered. I have already listed it along with Mr. Owl in my etsy shop. 
When you have to spend time, with a leg elevated you have to have something to do. I have been embroidering on first one project and another. I always have more then one going at a time.  Do you do the same?  I may add a green blanket stitch around the bottom of the pillow case yet. I am having a hard time making up my mind.
I have missed all of you and hope to be able to do more without having to have my leg elevated. 
Have a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Rettabug said...

Wow Shirley, you sure have had a rough time of it lately. I'm sorry to hear about your DH in the nursing home & your injured knee. We're both glad to kiss 2012 goodbye, huh?

You do beautiful handwork while you're laid up. I try to have some smocking or embroidery beside my chair for evenings. Can't stand idle hands!

I hope you get well quickly & I thank you for your warm welcome back to blogging.

fondly,
Rett

Debby said...

I missed the injury post. How scary. I did that a few winters back. They tried three braces and none of them would stay on my knee. You do have to rest it alot. So sad with all you have going on. You look like you have lost weight. I hope your Hubby is doing okay.
Love your little bag.....it's from 31 gifts. I love that line.
Your grandson is very tall.
Please be careful.....I know you were....but take care of yourself. (((((HUGS))))

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- What wonderful pictures. I love the one of you and I think you look wonderful. You would not realize looking at you all that you have been through in the last few months. I hope your Dr.'s report is a good one.
I can't believe your grandson is only 13-I would have guessed a few years older.
Take good care, Shirley- Love to you and your hubby- xo Diana

Blondie's Journal said...

Shirley...I think you look wonderful...it's so nice to see a face behind the words. I pray you have a better year and be careful in this wicked weather. I think of you s lot. You are going through so much. Sending many prayers and a big hug!

XO,
Jane

Vickie said...

Nice pictures. I am praying for you and your husband Shirley.♥

Kerrie said...

Awww! You do NOT look old, you look a little "peek-ed" and well you should Sweet Shirley. Loved the pictures! Praying for you to heal completely and be your chipper self soon. We had a killer frost last night, first one. The birdbath froze over-ha! Hugs and ♥, K

Wildflowerhouse said...

Do stay off that knee so it can heal quicker.So sorry you had this happen.
Your snow pictures are lovely. Yesterday we had sleet,snow and cold temps when I left the house. So I bundled up to go to the next town down the road (25 miles). Met the girls for lunch and when I left the restaurant it was 51 degrees. I can't win. I looked like a snow person in Hawaii. Ha! Snows gone but now it's cold again. Back to my paintings. This challenge is a little much for me. What was I thinking. Take care.

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Those surprise pictures are wonderful, Shirley! What a joy to have such a sweet grandson! I hope you're feeling better soon and that 2013 will be a much better year for you and yours.

Lynn said...

Dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year my dear Shirley. My thoughts and prayers are with you for you and hubby's health, let's pray 2013 will be a good year.

Jillayne said...

Oh Shirley, I am so sorry to hear about your knee! I hope these few days later will find it has improved for you a little - how awful for you!
I hope this year is a better one for you and for your husband - it has certainly been a trying few months you have had.
Take care and rest easy,

jillayne