Sunday, January 13, 2013

No Snow Just Cold

You didn't have to drive very far to  find the snow. We just had very cold temperatures with a north-northwest wind that made it all the colder.  We were lucky that we didn't get the snow. It is 15 and suppose to get down to 7 degrees/ I know we need the moisture, but I want it to warm up and come in the way of rain.
There is so much sickness going on right now with flu bugs, sinus infections, and others. You try to stay away from the doctor's office and the ER.
We did go down to see the orthopedic doctor on Friday. He has ordered a special shoe built up by an inch and a half. I don't know where they will find that or how soon. He gave him cortisone shot in the knee that has so much arthritis which seem to help some. The only way to fix his knee is surgery and there is no way we (or I should say me) will allow that. The risk is to great to whether he will stop bleeding or not. 
Tell me something do you give a child milk products when, they are running a temperature and sick to their stomachs? I always thought you use like 7-up and soda crackers to help settle the stomach or something on that order. Don't you stay home with them and try to get them to drink as much as possible so they don't become dehydrated.  I don't know about the younger generation. 
I  have spent the last two days visiting at the nursing home with my other half. His room was so cold today. It is on the northwest corner of the building. It is a block and brick building and I would say there isn't any insulation in the walls. At least they gave them heavier blankets to help them stay warm. 
Well have a great week and stay warm. 
 
 

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- It is cold here today and windy as all get out. We are supposed to be cold for the next 10 days or so. Is it Spring yet???

When our kids get sick someone stays home with them...and we give them ginger ale or coke and crackers...if they can tolerate it. Only if they are a baby do they get milk.

I am sorry it is so hard on your hubby in there. I hope they can keep him warm anyway! Good luck with the shoe for him and having less pain in his knee.

Hope you have a good week, Shirley- xo Diana

Vickie said...

Hi Shirley! I have prayed for your husband.
I am a stay-at-home mom. Not many of us anymore. :( Yup, 7up and crackers, exactly!
Take care. It is 10º right now here.Yuck.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Shirley,
I know how you feel with this cold air. We had snow and freezing temps here last night and today. I know it is nothing in comparison to your temps, but cold for us.
We always stayed home with sick kids and gave them ginger ale, dry toast or 7up if they could hold it down.
I hope your hubby does better and stays warm in there. I know it is hard on you and I pray for better days ahead soon. Prayers for the shoe to help him.

Stay warm sweet friend and have a nice winter week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi Dear Shirley
Gosh I have missed coming by here and checking on you and hubby.
I can't believe your temps are as low as 7 degrees. Oh I don't know what I would do.
Yes I think Sprite or 7Up is what you should give for upset stomach. I have been drinking sprite since before Thanksgiving because I keep getting a upset stomach.
Is one of your grand babies sick. I hope not.
Take care and try to stay warm.
Love from your Tx friend
Maggie

Unknown said...

Ahhh, sweet friend, so hope your hubby comes thru all of this well. The shoe is usually made by orthopaedic specialty shops. He has been thru so much, bless you both.

They are right with 7up & crackers, dry toast or flat coke.

We had a siege of lovely warm weather nearing 65+ & now the cold front came thru w/rain & it is cold cold cold!!! The hyacinths, crocus & some other little greenies are poking thru out front because of the warm temps these past couple of weeks. Gives me the spring-itch.

I'll live, just want everyone to see what happens to me to not have to go thru it for their self. They have found more that will have to have surgery in due time.

TY, I so love the truck. Long overdue ... SUV was 133,50+ mileage. Better to unload while we could get something out of it.

You both take care & know we all are praying for better days ahead ...

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Shirley! Well it snowed here in the Dallas area. It was a surprise snow fall that no weather people saw coming. Take good care of yourself and take it easy. Praying for the best for your husband too.
hugs♥,
Caroline