Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mr. Sun Please come back

What happened to our 73 sun shiny day ? That is what we had yesterday. Today it is  in the 30's rainy and we are in a winter storm watch tonight. They are predicting 2-3 inches of  blowing snow. I don't think our weather man really knows what it is going to do.   I am suppose to start at 9 A.M. in the morning, but with the  weather prediction  we will touch base in the morning and I may not  go to work.  It all depends on what we get tonight.
My 8 year old grandson read a 217 page book. It took him a little time to read it, but I am so proud of him. The last time I baby sat him, he read a book to grandma.
This coming Saturday is hubby's birthday. We are having a birthday party for him on  Sunday afternoon at the nursing home. The family will be there excepting our boy in Louisiana. He is coming home in March to take care of some things. He will be finding a different way around down there this week and weekend because of the Super Bowl being played in New Orleans. He could go by the Super dome, but he doesn't want to get involved with that.
I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I am trying to visit , but things are very hectic  for me as most of you who reads my blog know. My retirement is going to be because the business is in the process of closing. I am taking it one day at a time, praying a lot, and doing what I can get done.
You all be warm and safe.

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Shirley- I hope your hubby has a good birthday- I suppose it is a bit sad for him celebrating it in the nursing home...and I know it is hard on you no matter where he is.

I hope you can get a bit of mental rest after this store closes and can breathe for a spell. I know you will be job hunting again, too. God bless you- I say a prayer for you whenever I think of your name- xo Diana

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh wow honey your weather is as crazy as ours.
I am behind with you I did not know about your retiring. I have to catch up with you and see whats going on.
Thanks for making me feel better about whats going on with my moving. My boss is hard to be around all the time but of course i had to leave that out. Haha Just have to pray a lot and keep my mouth shut.
Keeping you in my prayers.
Love
Maggie

Terra said...

I am retired and love it, and hope your retirement you mention will be joyful for you. Have a nice celebration of your hubby's birthday.

Unknown said...

Hello!
Your blog is so pretty and sweet! I'll be popping back often!
Sarah xx

PS thanks for the lovely comment you left <3

Vickie said...

Shirley you are in my prayers.♥
Our snow storm started over an hour ago. =(