Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Strenght Needed

I need all of the strength I can manage to get me through the next few weeks. I got a phone call from the nursing home telling me that my hubby's medicare and supplemental would be out as of the first of the month. That he had used all of his days. How to do you find help in such a short period of time? Where do you go to try to find help? How do manage to make the decisions that will be best for him? I just know that he isn't walking, but they did say he took a few steps today. I am very frustrated as if you couldn't tell. I need a miracle.
There is only two of us at work and my boss  was sick today so I didn't get to work. I don't really know what is going to happen there, but I don't have good feelings about it.  I have a feeling that I am going to  try to go to work and there won't be a job regardless of all of the many things that I need to get accomplished.   I just have so many unanswered questions. I know I am saying a lot of prayers right now. I did get my long distance hug tonight. He had heard that mom needed it. He told me to stay positive, but you know it is awfully hard at times. 
Have you tried the new colored striped tea towels? I have tried the black stripe and I was really pleased how they are turning out. I am anxious to try my new spring and Easter patterns on the pastel colors.   I am working on a custom order at the present time. I got two more to make and they will be finished. 
I  hope you all are staying warm and safe. We got up to 50 degrees today and we are suppose to have that again tomorrow with the temperature dropping out this weekend. Just what I really want is some more cold weather. I just dress in layers. 
Well it is time to go to bed. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just terrible, Shirley. I wish I had some advice but I don't. When you check into things, let us know. In the meantime I will keep you and your dear husband in my prayers.

XO,
Jane

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Shirley:
Rest assured that God will provide and you'll get the answers and help you need. I'll say a prayer for you and your husband tonight and I'll keep you in my thoughts.
xoxo
Donna

romance-of-roses said...

My Dearest Friend Shirley, All I can say is prayer is the answer, I pray for you and your hubby every night. Hopefully all of our prayers will be answered. I too dress in layers, it's so cold here too. We have been in the low 30's at night here, wow! So cold. Prayers and blessings...Lu

sweet violets said...

I don't know how to advise you on that....you have to call your insurance co. or medicare.....they can't just throw him out!!!! Am praying for some miracles for you!!!

I am also dressing in layers, got so cold all over again and next week will be in the teens.....hugs...cleo

mariondee-designs said...

My prayers are with you too.. have faith and leave it in the hands of God. take care, Maryann

Unknown said...

Shirley, I'm praying for you. I know it's easy to say "God will provide" but He does indeed provide. I've seen it time and time again. Let Him handle it, He knows best anyway :) Just try to relax and give it to Him. (don't take it back, now!) Hugs to you - Karen

Vickie said...

Dear Shirley, I prayed for you. Just keep praying. Ask God to show you. I am sorry I have no other advice than that.♥

Debby said...

So sorry Shirley. I know that Medicare does do this. My father had Alzheimers and his time in the nursing home was running out. But your husband's situation is much different. If he can't walk I don't know how he can come home. I hope that you can find someone that will tell you what to do. Take care of yourself in the mean time as you have to stay healthy. I will be praying for you. (((((HUGS))))

Vicki Boster said...

Shirley- I'm so sorry-- you just don't need this extra stress:(
Have you talked with your husbands physician? Sometimes those things can be extended-- it's just all in how the diagnosis is written. If he does need to come home--- there should be resources in your community to help you find a caretaker. Some local churches even keep a list-- you are in my prayers.

Xoxo
Vicki

Lynn said...

So sorry to hear this Shirley, I wish there was something I could do. Your son is right ,,think positive thoughts, say them out loud even to yourself, and even if you don't feel positive. Praying for you both....

Emily C said...

Try calling your local public department of welfare office. The one where you apply for food stamps and medicare. If they can't help, they should know who can. When i lived in California they had a list of people you could call that were paid caregivers.