Friday, March 1, 2013

Hooray the Weekend

It has been snow flurries all day, but not amounting to much. I was so ready for work to come to an end today. It was so cold and with the overhead door open in the shop made my office that much colder. 
I just wanted to curl up with a hot cup of peppermint tea when I got home. I did lay down for a while under the blanket to get warm.
It will be a busy weekend and I hope the weather cooperates. I have been invited to a BLUE AND GOLD banquet by my youngest grandson. I went last night to hear him sing.  The program was the first and kindergarten class. I was amazed how that large of a group was synchronized with their hand and body motions. They even did Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star in sign language. The songs brought back memories of my childhood. They are taking part of Spring break away to make up for the snow days. There is another storm coming Monday. I think it suppose to be rain. I just want some warmer weather.
 I am going up to see Hubby at the nursing home. They have him on some medication right now that gives him diarrhea . They are having to clean him up several times because they don't  get there fast enough.  I said something to the nurse and she said that is their job and not to worry about it. 
I got him circular knitting needles. They aren't the size he really wanted, but I told him to try them they might work easier for him. He kept losing his yarn off the ones that he was working with which made him frustrated.  At least he is trying again, that is the main thing. 
You all have a wonderful weekend  Take care and stay warm
 
 

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! Now with the diarrhea. Well, I certainly hope he is not to be on that medication long? I am glad to hear he is trying knitting now. I hope you have a very pleasant weekend Shirley. You are both in my prayers.

bj said...

I think it's a good sign that he is trying again.:)

Regarding your comment....I nearly always freeze about half of a recipe like the cobbler from PW. That way, we always have something good for a quick breakfast. :)

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Shirley,
My continued prayers come your way and I am so glad to hear your hubby is knitting and being creative. So sorry the new meds are giving him diarrhea. I am sure that is no fun, but hopefully he will adjust and it stop soon.

So glad you had some time to rest and warm up. Enjoy the Blue and Gold Banquet.
Sending big hugs, Celestina Marie

romance-of-roses said...

Dear Friend |Shirley,
Happy to hear your hubby is out of the hospital and sounds like he is doing alright, except for the diarrhea. I continue praying for him. Hope you get some rest and enjoy the Banquet. Hugs and blessings, Lu

Unknown said...

I hope it warms up a bit for you, and that your hubby isn't kept on that medication for too long :-)

Take care,
Sarah x

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Shirley. I wish your DH a Speedy recovery.. Prayers go out to you all. Keep warm.. It is lovely to spend time with family.. Hugs judy