Thursday, March 7, 2013

A little this and that

I really don't know where the week has gone, but tomorrow is Friday already. I am ready for the weekend. I have been very busy doing so much paper work. Hopefully, I have everything now. I know I have to call tomorrow and verify what is all in my house payment because it has an escrow account. We have always had our homeowner's insurance and real estate taxes as part of our house payment. That way we didn't have to worry about it. If it is in a savings account, it is tempting to use it for something else. I just let them take care of the taxes and insurance. You never know how much they are going to be because they are always adjusting them for one reason or another.  If you don't have enough in escrow , then they adjust your payment for the following year. 

I have been embroidering a lot lately with my stress level is high right now , but the kids keep reminding me that things will be changing shortly. I think that it is finally sinking in that my life is going to be changing. 

I wish I could take better pictures, but I thought I would show you a couple more of my tea towels.  I may be doing a craft show, but I won't know until the 15th. She hadn't received the money from some vendors. If they don't pay, then we will get their spot. You just have to have a way to supplement an income. 

I have one more Blue and Gold banquet to go to for my grandson Matt. I have two grandsons involved in Scouts now. Matt is a year older then Ethan. 

Jake has a  4H horse judging clinic coming up. There is always something going on to keep them very  busy. Of course, they belong to the Woodworking Guild. They are making some baskets right now. Jake got to do some of the cutting and putting the first coat of paint on them. 

Well I will have to wait a while longer for my son to come home for a visit. He has to go to a job site in Texas with the drilling team. They do a lot of their testing in the field. He did the same test before, but they were in the lab. They just told him that he would have to put it on hold. Oh well there is always the telephone. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Be safe and warm. Taken care.

3 comments:

Ana said...

Oh Shirley, your embroidery is beautiful. I know they will do well in the craft show. Hopeful that you will get a chance to participate. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Prayers,
❤Ana

NanaDiana said...

Well, first off I am sorry your son won't be coming home to visit- I know that is a disappointment that can't be helped.
Your needlework is beautiful. I hope you can get into the show and that you can sell some of your handiwork. That would be wonderful.
I know life changes can be frightening but I think you are handling it quite well, Shirley.
Blessings to you- xo Diana

Ann said...

Lovely job on your embroidery. I embroider too and love it. If you are a Christian, I would encourage you to spend some time praying as you are embroidering. It is such a peaceful craft and that is the perfect time to reach out to the Lord in faith. I realize things are changing for you. My husband and I have struggled most of our marriage, you have to look to the Lord. This is something we can't do or take on ourselves. God bless you.