Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rain

The rain started early this morning and continued throughout the day. We needed it in the worse way so hopefully the ponds will start filling up. They had flood warnings out to the east of us.  It was 56 a little while ago which is the warmest it has been all day long. I just know I was glad to get home to stay
I did go to the nursing home to see my hubby. He has been having problems with his ammonia level. I finally got the nurse to agree to having them stop a medication that he wasn't getting in the hospital to see if that is the culprit. According to research, it could possibly be why it won't come down. We can maybe tell if they do the lab work, then stop the medication until they do the lab work the following week. I didn't think that was an unreasonable request.
They were having a knitting and crochet group this afternoon. I tried to get him to go, but he didn't want to be the only guy. He hasn't been very enthused with what they have been having at meals lately which bothers me. He doesn't eat that much which is not good.
Our youngest grandson and his friend went to the circus today. I will hear about it tomorrow. They were going out to eat afterwards and it was not going to be pizza. I will find out tomorrow where they went.
It is still raining and tomorrow it is suppose to be a mixture of snow and rain. It did melt most of the snow except where it was pushed in piles. I know my coat was sure wet because of how hard it was coming down. 
I only did what shopping I absolutely had to do. Has it ever taken you about two hours to do your shopping at a Wal-mart store. I went at 11:30 and I got home after 1:00. So many isles were blocked with people just standing and visiting. I don't mind that, but at least have the courtesy of moving so that you could get through. 
Are you getting ready for St. Pat's? Have you got your menu planned?
Does it include cornbeef and cabbage with potatoes, carrots
Some places are already starting to celebrate. They say they are going to have a parade here in town. We shall see.     
 
  

7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Hello sweetie! We never got above 35 today even though we were told it would be in the 50's this weekend. And we have several days of rain ahead...as we are told. Glad you got the rain you needed. You need a raincoat!

Can you bring goodies for your hubby? Maybe some homemade treats and some healthy snack from the store? Mine likes fiber bars. There are a lot of healthy breakfast bars that work well as snacks. It might help him get more vitamins and healthy fats in. I don't do grocery shopping at the big box store...there is just too much temptation to buy other things (like clothes, dishes, towels, sheets...all thing un~food related!!!).

St. Patrick's Day is celebrated very much so in my neighborhood in Chicago where it is almost 95% Irish. Our parade is tomorrow. A lot of people make their corned beef and cabbage on parade day but I do it on the 17th. My Abby is a waitress at an Irish bar on the parade route. She is going to make $$$$ in tips tomorrow!! She says people tip higher when they've been drinking a lot! ;-D

Take care, my friend. How have YOU been doing?

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

I am sorry to hear about your hubby's food intake and his problems with the ammonia levels. I hope they can get that figured out. I am hoping he isn't getting depressed from being in there.
I hate grocery shopping..and go when I have to.
I'll bet the kids had fun at the circus today and going out to eat afterwards. You will hear all the highlights I suppose.
Not ready for St. Paddy's Day here yet-but hope to be soon!!! xo Diana

Susie said...

Shirley, Sorry your husband isn't well. I bet he misses your cooking.
We are to have rain today, but I just went for the paper and the air is pleasant.
Shirley, is all the things you show with embroidery yours...if so you are an whiz with the needle. I love to buy old linens with hand stitchery. Makes me think of the ladies that must have done it. I have do a piece or two and saw my mom do one.
If I were to be in the Walmart for 2 hours, I would come out bald.:):) That place can make me crazy. Take care, hug your sweety for us.xoxo, Susie



Vickie said...

Hi Shirley. It is raining here. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you should bring him some food from home. You are both in my prayers.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Shirley!

I am just now being able to get back to Blogging since I can now sit at my laptop! I am glad I had my iPad to keep up with people on Facebook. iPads are good for typing one liners but not for typing Blog posts or emails!

I have missed your Blog and am off to catch up on what you have been doing!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

romance-of-roses said...

Thank you dear friend. If anyone understands it's you. Hope you and your hubby are doing alright. Hugs and prayers...Lu

Debby said...

Maybe the gloomy day and the rain and the his levels are bringing him down a little. Jane has lots of good ideas.
Even if he was the only guy I am sure the others would be impressed that he knitted and he might like the attention or the company.
I bet he is so tired on being in the hospital and the nursing home.
Hope you are doing okay.