Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our First Snow Storm

Our first snow storm hit starting about 9 o'clock last night. We had 51/2 inches the first time. They came and cleaned my driveway, but it will be to do over because it is snowing again. This time it started with mist, freezing rain, then sleet, and now snow. The snow is sticking to the trees. I got to stay home today from work which I was glad because I don't like driving in this kind of weather. We are to have snow until early tomorrow morning, so I will wait and see if we open tomorrow. Who would believed that we were in the 60's just a couple of weeks ago, but we are in Missouri, just stick around and it is guaranteed to change.
I thought I was going to have to make the trip to the hospital with my husband. This past week was very rough with losing his cousin, who was in our wedding all of those years ago.He had been sick as long as my husband, and I think that is what really bothered him, because we know that he has some issues that we won't be able to do anything about. We are now to the point where we have to weigh the decisions of whether the risk will improve his quality of life. We both have accepted the fact and take every day that we get.
I sold my first baby quilt, which makes me very happy. My Tiny Treasures is for their first baby and they decided that they aren't going to find out whether they are having a boy or girl. I told them they could have twins, a boy and a girl. Which ever the case may be, the baby will be spoiled because of being the first baby on both sides of the house. We will just have to wait a little while to find out. Babies are such an enjoyment.
Well I need to get back to my project I am working on. I am sending a package tomorrow to the East Coast. Have a good week.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi, Shirley! I just discovered your blog and I am so excited! I've been looking through some of your past posts and I just love what I'm seeing! AND you're from MO! We are MO girls, too! We live in Springfield. It is so nice to meet you. Have a great week! Twyla

The French Bear said...

Shirley, you sold a baby quilt!! How wonderful for you!!! What a treasure they will have for their baby to keep! How are you doing? You seemed to be overwhelmed with things, sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. I am glad that he has you!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B