Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Day of Sunshine.


We had another day of sunshine which is really hard to believe with the way our weather has been. It just makes us one day closer to the first day of Spring.

Grandpa really enjoyed his boys this morning. He had one on each side of him at breakfast. It is the first birthday that we have all been together for quite a while. He is doing a Jack Benny 29 to hear him telling it. Of course they say you are only as old as you feel. We went for a drive being it was sunny and looked at all the new wind farms they are building not that far away from us. I was amazed at how many you could see in such a short period of time. Hopefully it will help with our energy bills, but you still have to have the electricity to help make it work.
I was going through some boxes and I found this necklace. I thought it was so pretty even though I think it is missing a couple of stones. My mother-in-law always wore jewelry. She said that she didn't feel dressed without her jewelry including clip on earrings. I was looking for something else when I found this. I still have more boxes to check yet.
My baby quilt is progressing. It is Winnie the pooh and friends that I am working on. Eeyore is laying on the bottom with everyone else on top of him. It is fun to watch it take shape. I must close for the evening. Have a great week.

3 comments:

The French Bear said...

Hi Shirley! Love that necklace, it looks so pretty! I am glad you have had some sunshine and your quilt is coming along nicely!!! I am still having problems with my computer but I am trying to stay on top!!!
Have a great week!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Char said...

You have many talents too my friend. Thankyou so much for the lovely comments on my blog, I am so blessed to have blogger friends like you, Char

deb said...

What a gorgeous necklace! It's always nicve to find a treasure you either forgot or didn't know you had :~)
Enjoy the sun while you can
*hugs*deb