Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 23,2008


Christmas is going to be here before we are really ready for it. When I was looking to see what I had completed for Christmas, I discovered the Christmas napkins that I had worked on while my husband was in the nursing home recuperating from a broken leg a couple of years ago. I had put them aside and like other things forget where I have put them.The pillow is one that was made by my mother-in-law who loved to sew. She did a lot of had sewing, embroidering, crocheting, you name it she loved to do it. The church was always asking her to embroidery tea towels for the bazar. I just wish that I had learn to do tatting that she also did.

The antique brooch and earrings are a set that I had found when I was going through boxes. I have a lot of things yet to go through and it all takes time. There is a name on the back of it, but I haven't been able to make it out. I thought perhaps someone reading this might recognize it and tell me more about it.
I listed them in my shop at http://shirleystitches.etsy.com
I have been working on my Christmas Santa Tea Towels. I had put the patterns aside which I am famous in my family for laying something aside and then I can't find them for a while. I always do eventually.

It was such a beautiful day that we took a ride today to look at some new countryside that we hadn't been before. The Christmas decoration decorating the streets in small towns puts larger cities to shame, because they are to busy decorating their malls to be sure to get the people to come to their locations.
You even find little country restaurants that are unique for their home style cooking to make the ride more enjoyable. Of course, you always eat to much, but it sure is good.
I need to get back to my stitching or I won't get done what I need.






No comments: