Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Day of Vacation


Today is the last day of a 4 day vacation before going back to the day job. The weather has been very cold and windy today. We went out for awhile this morning, but most of the day has been spent at home doing laundry, and etc.
I was going through a box I had brought home from my mother-in-law's apartment that I had been putting off for quite a while. I came across this : The title is "I'm Fine'
There's nothing whatever the matter with me. I'm just as healthy as I can be. I have arthritis in both my knees. And when I talk, I talk with a wheeze. My pulse is weak and my blood is thin, but I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in. I think my liver is out of whack and a terrible pain in my back; My hearing is poor, my sight is dim, Most everything is out of trim. But I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in. I have arch supports for both my feet or I wouldn't be able to go on the street. I can't sleep night after night, and in the morning I'm simply a sight. My memory's failing, my head's in a spin, I"m peacefully living on aspirin. But I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in. The morale is, as this tale we unfold, That for you and me who are growing old It's better to say, "I'm fine," with a grin than to let them know the shape we're in. Author Unknown.
It reminded me how many times I have said "I'm fine" when I really wanted to be somewhere else.
It is heck to grow old. I got my lab results yesterday and I spend the day researching medicine to see what kind of side affects it would have and as I like to say the whole nine yards. My cholesterol is out of whack which I figured it was going to be so it wasn't a big surprise. I have to decide what I am going to do about it. The doctor said it is my choice, but when you are a caregiver you have to weigh all options to how it will affect you and your being able to take care of the other person.
Tomorrow is back to work and we won't have a long weekend for quite awhile. It spoils you just a little when you have two of them back to back. It makes it a little harder to remember which day of the week it is with that many days off. It will be a busy week and month with all of the extra things that have to be done such as W'2's and of course you always have someone wanting theirs right now. I really don't see how they can file their income tax so fast must not itemize that is for sure.
Happy 2009

No comments: