Monday, June 22, 2009

SUMMER IS HERE

Summer is officially here. Father's Day was warm, but nothing like today with the temperature in the 90's and the heat index in the 100's.
Father's Day, we went to our son's for a cookout. We had salad, steak, pocket potatoes, apple crisp, and peach pie. It was all yummy. Of course, we always enjoy seeing the boys. Matt sings when he thinks you don't hear him. His girlfriend is Taylor Swift. If she is on, he just sings along with her.
We picked up a car seat for the week in case of an emergency. Daddy had to go to school for a week for his job. We probably won't need it, but I would rather be safe then sorry.
I don't like the hot weather because I come home with headaches from going in and out of my office which is up stairs. I have to go downstairs into the shop area and then back into air-conditioning. It really tells on you. I drink more water because I will get lectures from all of my kids if I don't.
We did our exploring on Saturday. I didn't find what I was looking for, but we did find some neat shops in the Kansas City area. We found a really neat quilt shop, but I have to get some of my projects done before I take on anything else. We had rain pop up, even some heavy rain, but luckily we didn't have any severe storms. We have been lucky so far lately.
Have you ever stumble on to a web site that was really neat, but you got side-tracked and didn't mark it so now you can't find it. You just get to go hunting again and hope that you found it.
I hope you have a good week and stay cool.

No comments: