Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Night

Last weekend I did a craft show with my daughter-in-law. This was my table and a couple of
of my latest creations. It will give you an idea of what my tea towel will look like coming directly out of the dryer to take to the craft show. I worked late because I wanted them included. I had such a good time even though I didn't make a lot. It was a day away from everything else. I met a really nice lady who makes purses. I have not been able to find one that would fit over the handle of the wheel chair that I thought I could afford. Well she made me one, with the handle long enough for the wheelchair. It seems that she has a niece who is in a wheelchair that she sews for. Amazing what you can learn when you visit with others.
Today was a quiet day for us. We had an enj0yable lunch at our local Cracker Barrel compliments of my boss, who had given me a gift card for Thanksgiving. He was going to give me a turkey, but it would take forever for the two of us to eat it.

My daughter and her sister-in-law are getting up to go shopping early in the morning. You can't hire me to shop on Black Friday. There is nothing I want bad enough to fight the crowds n0r the traffic. I guess that is a sign I am getting old. Ha
I am going to enjoy the rest of my four day weekend and sleep as late as I can for a change. I hope you all had a wonderful day.




2 comments:

deb said...

How nice of that lady! Isn't is great to know there are still wonderful people out there?! Sleep all day!! Stay in pj's all weekend! You deserve it :~)
Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

Oh Shirley that table looks sew perfect!!!heheheheh. Those towels look wonderful. Hope you sold em all. My last craft show was today...I'm pooped...I'm always pooped. It went well tho.
Isn't nice to meet such special people. That was so thoughtful of her to make the purse.
YYUUUMMM Cracker Barrel. What a nice Boss.
Age has not got a thing to do with it....Ya couldn't pay me either to go any where near a mall on that day. We went to the antique mall.....no where near as crowded..of course sales....nice, quiet friendly group of folks....until 2 people saw the same item in an aisle..we by passed that aisle til the smoke settled..you know those antique people.Just kidding. It was a nice liesurely stroll. For 3 hours. That's how big the mall is!!!
Hope you \have a nice rest of your Sat. and Sun.